freezing canned?

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Specter threw up her homecooked , but got a portion down, followed by me dumping it on the floor by accident. so i cracked open a tiki cat chicken and quail, however i doubt shes gonna eat the whole thing because of the portion i gave earlier, would it be okay to freeze it in a ziploc and thaw for another day? or should i toss the rest she doesnt eat? i don't mind tossing it; thats what i usually do, just wanna ask.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Specter. Others her have mentioned freezing wet food, although I haven't tried it myself yet. :) It can also be kept in the refrigerator for three days.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I freeze wet food all the time and thaw it at room temperature. I would take it out of the can though before putting it in a container or ziplock.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, I freeze wet food all the time and thaw it at room temperature. I would take it out of the can though before putting it in a container or ziplock.
Thank you! somehow she managed to eat all of her food and keep it down but I'll keep that in mind rather than wasting food... I think the first one I gave her was a little too rich (I boiled like.. 2lbs of chicken in the same broth to make it extra tasty but it was also pretty fatty just like our beef incident. Lesson learnt!