Freeway Carbuckety

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I've been thinking about this ever since I read this in the morning. He WAS a catsite cat. He was very well know and very well loved. We watched him grow up from an itty bitty thing to a beautiful cat. We all feel the lost now, but Mike, of course you feel it the most. You and the rest of the tribe.

A few things I want to say. You gave a lost kitten a home, and gave him the safety and comfort that he needed at that time. You gave him a family, a group of cats and humans that accepted him and made him feel welcome. You gave him food and shelter, and play, and companions. You gave him a HOME and warmth and security that he wouldn't have gotten anywhere else. He knew he was loved and that is the most important thing.

I lost my first cat to a car. I went over the "what if's" for weeks, months,years. But, the bottom line is, "what if's" don't matter. It's the "what you did" that counts.

I hope you're ok, and I hope I didn't say anything wrong here. I just had to say a few things that I think you may be thinking right now. I know that's not going to help with missing him now....only thing that will help that is time.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mike.

What can I say that hasn't already been said? What can I say to try and make you feel 1% better?

RIP Freeway - and even though I didn't know him as well as some of the others here on TCS I know how treasured he was and just looking at his picture I can see why. What a beauty!
for you Mike and for the rest of the gang!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry at the loss of sweet Freeway. Like so many others here, he had me charmed with his goofiness. I was new here when you first found him, and your story of finding him had happy tears running down my cheeks.

Today my tears are full of sorrow for you and the rest of the tribe.

I know Freeway is already charming his new friends across the bridge. RIP Freeway Carbuckety

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very very very sorry for the loss of your beloved Freeway, I am so glad that he knew someone loved him enough to rescue him.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate hate hate coming to the Crossing the Bridge... I was just sooo heartbroken to see this post... I am so sorry for your loss Mike... I hope you get better soon....

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. My deepest condolences to you.

Rest in peace dear Freeway.
Have fun playing and chasing butterflies at the RB with your friends and family (and don't forget to watch over your family (esp. your dad) on Earth once in a while.)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Freeway, Mike.

Play happily over the Rainbow Bridge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everybody. Freeway came to us at a time that we all desperately needed him. Our long reigning Queen, Turvy Demeter had just passed away, and Trace Tumblebrutus was in a deep depression and had retreated to his room. Because of her deafness, Peanut Butterum was having difficulty trusting and joining the tribe and spent most of her days alone in the master bedroom, either looking out the window or under the bed. The whole house was a quiet, dreary place. Then Freeway showed up, a "too young to be on his own" bundle of playful energy. He awoke the maternal instincts in Peanut, who promptly adopted him and came out of her shell as his adopted mom. He teased Trace with toys and his antics and drew Trace out of his room and back into wrestling and playing. And, he gave the Hobo what I think was his fondest wish...a partner in crime.

The time that Freeway was missing, the tribe just seemed confused, but now, they so very know that something is wrong. The Hobo has done nothing all day but sit with the most rueful look on his face I've ever seen him have, Peanut just sits in her's and Freeway's chair, and Trace has been staring out one window, then the next, all day.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear the sad ending to this tale.
My heart goes out to you and the rest of the tribe.

RIP
Freeway. We will all miss you, little brother cat. Watch over your family from the Rainbow Bridge!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences to you all on your tragic loss
Reading about how the rest of your crew is greiving brought tears to my eyes...you all are in my prayers and thoughts during this awful time. Prayers and vibes for comfort & healing

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss, we all hoped he would make it home safely. RIP little Freeway.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sooooo sorry for your loss and wasn't expecting this outcome..........
I just found out and was anticipating his safe return. My blessings to yours and Freeway.....

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this. Freeway was one of the more, how should we say it, entertaining cats on this site, and whenever I thought of Freeway or someone mentioned him, I would picture the orange & white cat who got into the noodles.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=137971

Supposedly you could think of this as Freeway having done his part in your world, and now that his work was done, it was time to leave again. Doesn't make it easier to cope with, though.