Free 'Understanding Dementia' course from Tasmania Uni

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I let people know when these start up as it's such a good thing to do for just about anyone who wants to have an basic understanding of dementia.
Plus you get a certificate which can be useful for people needing Professional Development points in associated industries. I used it for my Yoga organisation as I have some elderly students.

mooc.utas.edu.au/landing/ud5share

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I let people know when these start up as it's such a good thing to do for just about anyone who wants to have an basic understanding of dementia. mooc.utas.edu.au/landing/ud5share
Thanks, my husband has a good friend who has a family history of early onset Alzheimer's. It seemed to happen so fast and unfortunately he is not that old. He calls my husband over and over forgetting that he called almost like the movie, 50 First Dates. My husband gets irritated and I try to explain that his friend has no idea he just called. Maybe if he watches this it will help him understand and learn how to respond as opposed to hearing it from me. 😉

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks, my husband has a good friend who has a family history of early onset Alzheimer's. It seemed to happen so fast and unfortunately he is not that old. He calls my husband over and over forgetting that he called almost like the movie, 50 First Dates. My husband gets irritated and I try to explain that his friend has no idea he just called. Maybe if he watches this it will help him understand and learn how to respond as opposed to hearing it from me. 😉
It's a good course neely neely . There are questions at the end of each component and very clear information.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Just reviving this as the course is available again. It's worldwide :)