Free to a good home -- all 7 of 'em

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester's stories make me hesitant on getting another cat for a playmate. 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, do I understand! It's a good thing that my TV is an old one with a big back end on it. If it were a flat screen the cats would have destroyed it. They get on my hutch, my bookshelves, do running slides through my notes on my desk...anymore when I hear crashes in the middle of the night, I just roll over and say "it'll still be there in the morning." And the ring leader of household destruction? A tabby named Mason. One time he was on the fridge looking at the ceiling fan with interest of jumping on for a ride. I shut it off and went to school.

barbh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, do I understand! It's a good thing that my TV is an old one with a big back end on it. If it were a flat screen the cats would have destroyed it. They get on my hutch, my bookshelves, do running slides through my notes on my desk...anymore when I hear crashes in the middle of the night, I just roll over and say "it'll still be there in the morning." And the ring leader of household destruction? A tabby named Mason. One time he was on the fridge looking at the ceiling fan with interest of jumping on for a ride. I shut it off and went to school.
I am so with you on the tv, it is a good thing it is one of the old ones since everyone except for my 13 year old guy think they need to climb on it. Had to laugh about the ceiling fan :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The ceiling fan? Oh my dear sweet lord! And I thought BooBoo was bad when he used to jump to the top of the bedroom door and then drop down to the bed with all four paws splayed out. We called him the "Flying RugCat". He would do that numerous times before getting tired of it. But I don't think he's ever done the ceiling fan.....although I'm sure he's probably thought about it. Whenever I couldn't find him, the first place I'd look would be at the top of the cabinets in the kitchen. He was usually up there sleeping. He used to jump up there when he was a kitten. But then he didn't know how to get back down, so he'd start yelling for help. At 3:00 in the morning. And I'd stumble out of bed, get a chair, get the boy off the cabinets and carry him back to bed.

The cats used to love to sleep on top of the refrigerator, too. They spent so much time up there that I bought them a large dog pillow. Stuck the pillow up there and man, they were in heaven. A couple times I actually fed Pepe up there because I called everybody for dinner and she was laying on the pillow. She looked down and it was like, "Really? You really expect me to get down? Seriously? Get that plate up here!" So I'd put her dinner plate up on the pillow so she could have dinner. She'd eat, bathe, then go back to sleep. Had I put a small litter pan up there, she'd have never come down.

FHi09, get another cat. You won't regret it. Honest. We often wonder what we were thinking when the cats kept coming into the house. But overall? They're probably the most wonderful things that could have ever happened to us. Broken dishes included.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness none of the animals were hurt (and neither were you).

Holly and Sam (aka Mayhem and Loki
 ) haven't done anything like that.  It was a good thing Thanksgiving came late this year- and we aren't even going to be here for Christmas.  I have 2 dozen ceramic Santas my MIL made years ago (and can't replace b/c she no longer is able to do ceramics) that we normally put out on the mantle.  Well- those 2 have figured out how to jump from the chair next to the fireplace and walk on the mantle!  (Holly sat there one day looking at me like "What?  It's a flat high place")  I have pictures up there that will need to be put down when we go away b/c I just don't trust them.

Surprisingly neither of them have touched any of the trees.  I have 1 tree that has all Spode ornamants on it (from mom- she's downsizing and wanted us to have them).  It might be that we have the tree pushed up against the wall and they can't really do anything with it- or that it's only a 6ft tall tree.  We do have 1 larger tree sitting in the den- but I made sure that everything on it was non- breakable, that way if the tree fell over nobody could get hurt.

Cheryl