Free photo editing/enhancing programs?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cagnes

That's one thing that I liked about my old Microsoft PictureIt program, was the "center on canvas" tool.

Centering a vector is easy. Just click the "Object Selection Tool" on your tools toolbar. You can vertical center or horizontal center.

To center a raster layer, you can use a ruler or grid view, to help guide you in centering it yourself. Or if you paste your object as a "new raster layer", it will automaticly be centered on the canvas for you.

Centering hasn't been too much of a problem for me since I don't do very much centering.

Is it easy to center with Photoshop? I only have 2 days left on my trial download & I really haven't had much time to play around with it.
Yes, it's super easy to center with Photoshop. All you do, is "Edit", then "Select All", and then in the Layers, menu, you Align, your layer any way you want Horizontally and vertically. I really can't live without that option.

For example, in my Signature, I wanted Simba's eyes perfectly centered, Horizontally, and I wanted Paul perfectly centered between the eyes. However, for me, it really helps when I'm working on animations, because I may want some parts of the animation to stay stationary, and I usually add the things I want to the animation in layers. It makes it work so much better. I then take my invidual frames and make the gif, with PSP Animation Shop.