Free bagel at Panera cafes for fully vaccinated customers - US only

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

*No purchase required. One (1) free bagel per COVID vaccinated customer per day from 7/2-7/4/2021 in participating U.S. bakery-cafes. Spreads not included. In-cafe only. Panera Catering and all online orders and orders placed on third party sites excluded. While supplies last. Other restrictions may apply.

Most likely you'll need to show your vaccination card to get the free bagel.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't agree, receiving a vaccination for COVID should not be based on receiving free goods or any other type of bribery, but based on each individuals preference. I chose to be vaccinated without any incentive, but I respect those who chose not to be vaccinated.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't agree, receiving a vaccination for COVID should not be based on receiving free goods or any other type of bribery, but based on each individuals preference. I chose to be vaccinated without any incentive, but I respect those who chose not to be vaccinated.
It’s beyond respecting people’s free will when the decision of a healthy person not to get vaccinated can kill other people, like those that cannot safely be vaccinated due to their health, imo. Plus, if enough people chose not to get vaccinated, we may not achieve herd immunity from vaccination, which, again, shit for everyone. If there’s anything to be done to incentivise people to be vaccinated, it should be. I live in a country where only 3% of people willingly got vaccinated, so the government went on a force majeure wherein every healthy adult who doesn‘t get vaccinated by a certain date will be suspended from work without pay. It’s not a good solution, but we’re currently living the alternative, where we’re once again approaching the peak number of cases per day that we had back in December, and the city I live in has already overtaken those peak numbers. Hospitals are overflowing, and people are dying. Ther aren’t many antivaxxers here, just a lot of people that mistrust the government that are refusing vaccination purely because the government recommended it once it became available 🙄

With the popularity of the antivax movement in the US, they should be taking more significant measures, imo — I highly doubt a small amount of free food will encourage anybody who was against getting vaccinated in the first place.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Private companies can offer gifts to their customers on whatever criteria they want. If their company wants to encourage people to get vaccinated and/or reward people for getting vaccinated, they can. They aren't depriving anyone or exercising undue pressure; they're simply offering a gift based on their chosen criteria. It's the same as a pet store offering a free cat toy to people who adopted a cat from a shelter.

I doubt I'll be able to get to a Panera between the 2nd-4th, dang it. I love their asiago cheese bagels.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a reminder that this thread is about Panera Bread and free bagels. If you want to debate the vaccine, the vaccine rollout or anything having to do with Coronavirus, please do so in the IMO forum. There’s a thread in there for such posts.

Thanks.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Panera has some dairy free bagels! So unlike the Krispy Kreme offer, I technically could partake.

I probably won't get to Panera on those days, though.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Well are they going to offer coffee to go with the bagels? I’ve got to have something to drink lol. Enjoy them while you can

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
If you get their coffee subscription, you can get unlimited coffee for $8.99 a month. If I lived near a Panera, I'd probably get that and be wired all the time, lol.
They do have good coffee. Like yourself I don’t live anywhere near one.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you get their coffee subscription, you can get unlimited coffee for $8.99 a month. If I lived near a Panera, I'd probably get that and be wired all the time, lol.
That would be worth it even if you could go only once or twice a week!

I do live pretty close to a Panera! I may have to look into this.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure it's just their plain coffee, not the fancy stuff, but they have a cream and sugar station so. . .you can make anything coffee a latte with enough cream :D

Looked it up, yep, only regular hot coffee (the ones at the self-serve station; not fancy barista drinks), iced coffee, and hot tea. But they always have several options of self-serve coffee so that's fine.