Freddie For A Day

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A Worldwide Celebration of Freddie Mercury's 65th Birthday!

Freddie For A Day is a fundraising campaign for the Mercury Phoenix Trust, the charity set up in Freddie Mercuryâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s name in 1992. Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s fun, itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s slightly crazy AND it raises money to help the charity fight HIV/AIDS worldwide.

To join in, all you have to do is dress as Freddie Mercury or wear his moustache. Get your friends to sponsor you or make a donation.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't care how old you are or what kind of music you listen to...Queen and Freddie Mercury broke a lot of musical ground. They did things unheard of before Queen. Freddie was an AMAZING musician and performer. He had more charisma than 99% of the front men performing today put together. He was truly one-of-a-kind and taken from the world way too soon because of a little known (and much feared & reviled at the time) disease called AIDS. He made music to the end. Music was his life. And what a life it was!

Google has their tribute to him on their main page. Just click Play in the middle of the banner (may be slow to load...everyone is watching it!). It's a really cool animation that spans so much of his career in a short animation.

If you've got an hour and a half to blow (or have it playing in the background) Queen is showing the entire, uncut infamous 1986 Wembley Stadium Queen Concert on their YouTube Channel. This is without a doubt Freddie's finest moment. Only they/he could pull off the way they end that concert!

I sure can't pull off the flamboyant outfits and dress like Freddie, and since I'm working at the front desk I can't wear his moustache, but I can definitely appreciate Freddie and spread the word about Freddie for a Day.

Enjoy!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Birthday Freddie...
you live on in your amazing music

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was never a rock fan but Queen was one of my favorite groups back then. Some of their songs were just fantastic, I remember having their Best Of albums and loved it, that was way before CD's. Rock on Freddie and Happy Birthday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is so cool about Queen is that their music is really timeless (overall
). Who doesn't love Bohemian Rhapsody????

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

A Worldwide Celebration of Freddie Mercury's 65th Birthday!

Freddie For A Day is a fundraising campaign for the Mercury Phoenix Trust, the charity set up in Freddie Mercuryâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s name in 1992. Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s fun, itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s slightly crazy AND it raises money to help the charity fight HIV/AIDS worldwide.

To join in, all you have to do is dress as Freddie Mercury or wear his moustache. Get your friends to sponsor you or make a donation.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Not always I share this, but if for a good cause!...
my humble interpretation of Freedie in one of my crazy young years!...

Sing with me!...

I´m shooting star leaping through the sky
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva
I'm gonna go go go
There's no stopping me

I'm burning through the sky Yeah!
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm trav'ling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic man of you

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's good to see he hasn't been forgotten and is being discovered by younger generations, too. The first CDs I bought were Queen albums, although I had all of them up to that point on vinyl or tape.

He was the ultimate performer.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise