Freaking out!

Ela.p

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 6-month baby kitten eats a small piece of chicken size of my nail (thumb). The chicken was boiled with lots of spices and one of them was garlic. After a few hours, she threw up clear liquid and there was a small piece of chicken but not all of it. Her vet is closed now and doesn't have an emergency number. Any good suggestions?

Meanwhile, she looks fine and playful as a failed parent I feel horrible. I fed her dinner wet and a small amount of dry mixed together. She finished all of it and looked happy playing with her toys.

Please share if you had the same situation. What did you do?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First of all, welcome, but I'm sorry it's under these conditions. Secondly, breathe. Now, watch her for more vomiting, any change in play or litter box habits, or if she starts hiding. She may end up with diarrhea. Most likely, she'll be okay, but just remain calm and keep an eye on her. My kitties have all managed to nab some chicken seasoned with garlic and there's been no ill effects.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ela.p

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much, Stephanie!

It's been three hours after her dinner no vomiting she hasn't used the bathroom either but I am on it! Wow, I have not felt like this with my daughter but my little baby kitten smh! We love her so much 😩
Thank you for your reply very much appreciated ❤