Four Kittens/ One Week Old

Pothos13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No teeth, closed eyes, two have their umbilical cords, they weigh about 5 oz.

I just got them today. I am so lost. Trying my best. I have two main problems:

1.They fight and scream when I try to feed them
2. They have fleas

I am trying to follow the cat lady’s instructions on how to feed them. Warm kmr formula, nipple bottle, I hold their heads gently and try to get them interested. They are generally opposed to latching. It’s only my second attempt so maybe it gets easier. Any advise would be appreciated.

I gave them a dawn dish soap bath immediately according to the cat lady’s instructions but it didn’t get rid of all the fleas. They’re in a collapsible pen away from everything and I don’t have carpet but I do interact with them every three hours or so to feed them. How do I avoid a flea infestation?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pothos13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No teeth, closed eyes, two have their umbilical cords, they weigh about 5 oz.

I just got them today. I am so lost. Trying my best. I have two main problems:

1.They fight and scream when I try to feed them
2. They have fleas

I am trying to follow the cat lady’s instructions on how to feed them. Warm kmr formula, nipple bottle, I hold their heads gently and try to get them interested. They are generally opposed to latching. It’s only my second attempt so maybe it gets easier. Any advise would be appreciated.

I gave them a dawn dish soap bath immediately according to the cat lady’s instructions but it didn’t get rid of all the fleas. They’re in a collapsible pen away from everything and I don’t have carpet but I do interact with them every three hours or so to feed them. How do I avoid a flea infestation?
There are 4 kittens who are approximately a week old

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you get goats milk? Raw is good, but full fat commercial is OK to use.... Meyenbergs have a powdered, which is OK. I believe its in the bakery shelf.

I mean, the taste is perhaps different from the kmr, and it will perhaps be easier... Also, goats milk tends to be cheaper,
so it doesnt cost as much to experiment changing brands...

In a pitch you can use human mothermilk replacement, but dilute less... To try with a different taste.