Found Young Kitten In Dumpster

Miss_Mitzi1109

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
5769675C-D4C3-46D8-A012-89079433F09C.jpeg
69C4DF0A-1CAA-48F3-8E68-18CD2B8E1021.jpeg
Hey all! About 2 weeks ago my boyfriend and I found a kitten in the dumpster and decided to keep her because she was just so tiny and surrounded by her (dead) siblings (I assume) :( She seemed to be about 2-3 weeks old and we currently bottle feed her. But we have noticed she has some patches of dry scaly skin on her belly and under her arms as well as a balding spot above her eye, little patches of hair seem to come off but she isn’t grooming herself there so I’m not sure what the cause is. Currently have no car and so we cannot take her to the vet but will be trying to go within the next 2 weeks. I’m assuming it’s ringworm, though I hope not because I have an almost 2 year old daughter in the house and I have another cat in here as well. Don’t have pics of the dry skin on the belly but I do have pics of the hair loss on her head. What are your opinions? Thanks for your time to read this!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If this is ringworm it is probably showing up because the baby had such a struggle. The immune system was compromised by the little one being under terrible stress. I am so relieved that you saved this beautiful kitten. Such a sad story! Until you get the kitten to the vet I would just make sure to keep it in isolation from your other cat and daughter. Make sure to wash your hands well and I use an apron and long sleeved shirt any time I handle any kind of sick kitty. I leave them where I can slip them over my clothes before handling and take them off before handling any other cat, or in this case your daughter. A vet will have to tell you for sure what this is. It may or may not be ringworm. Just try to keep the baby clean, well fed, warm and loved. You could call the vet to schedule an appointment ahead of time and ask for any advice until you can get the baby there.
Maybe another rescuer here could give you some tips.

Thank you so much for saving this innocent little beauty! I am so glad you came to TCS. We will all be following your story with this kitten. Please keep writing so we know how the baby is doing. :rock: You are a kitty hero!

Last edited by a moderator: