Found some Feliway, any suggestions on use?

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Magiks here!

I recently found at the market a Feliway diffuser and 2 refills for the awesome price of 30 cts each item (Came out to 1 dll for the 3 things). I had heard these were expensive, so I didn't hesitate to buy them.

I'm now wondering if using them is actually a mistake. My kitties are so well behaved and cause no trouble at all. I plugged it in saturday afternoon and by yesterday nightfall my dad asked what happened to our 7 month old Felix, that he was very down. Now, I don't know if this was because of the Feliway or the shots he got on Saturday and Sunday due to an adverse reaction to de-worming medicine (his right eye was getting cloudy, he's better now). 

What do you guys suggest I do?

As I mentioned, my kitties are very well behaved so I'm wondering if I should just pass on the Feliway and save them for future use in case they actually do  get stressed someday. The expiration date on them is 2017.

Thank you very much, and if I posted in the wrong forum, do let me know 

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Care & Grooming is abolutely the perfect format for this post.  You DID get a fantastic deal on the Feliway items and if you don't want them, I would be glad to take them off your hands for a good profit.  Just send me a Private Message and I will respond.

I doubt that the Feliway was the cause of your youngster's being down.  It is not unusual for them to be down after getting shots, they often feel feverish and achey and just want to rest or cuddle for a few days.  If you want to test this, just unplug the Feliway diffuser and put it away until both cats are acting normal again and they try it and see if there is any change.  Usually we use these in large multicat households such as my own, but as you noticed, the price can be prohibitive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@Red Top Rescue  I'm sorry to say, I'm keeping them 
 We don't actually get these sort of items in Mexico, so I'm holding onto them with dear life 

I actually have 3 kitties and I've noticed boy hisses at his momma. Would this help with the aggression? They don't actually fight, but boy already caught up to momma's size and he's only 7 months old. I can only imagine when he reaches full size.

If using them won't actually do any good since they are doing quite well, I would rather keep them in case somewhere down they road things get nasty 

I was just wondering if it's actually a type of medicine and, as such, I shouldn't be using it without a need.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's not a "medicine" at all.  It's a friendly cat pheremone, the smell they have on their cheeks when they rub up against something, marking it as theirs (rather than spraying it to mark it as theirs!)  If you are having hissing between mother and son, it would be good to use it now.  It just puts that "friendly" vibe in the air and most cats respond to it.