Found Rabbit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A week ago I bought a raspberry bush and noticed Peter liked the leaves. But wanting the plant grow I decided to give him just a leaf now and then. But with him being sickie and not eating a lot yet, I got a second bush just to cut down for him to give him a few leaves every day. I did double check and it's a good fiber rich leafy plant rabbits like because they are slightly sweet. A little acidic so don't want to go overboard but overall safe for him to eat. He's not spoiled, nope.

20210701_185234.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Peter did a little dash around his area and munched on his raspberry bush (high fiber and apparently tasty). I'd put him at about 85% pre surgery. I did grin up some pellets and mixed them with a little water to make his food easier to chew, I've been tearing up his greens, and crumbling any treats he gets. Now the concern shifts to the sutures getting dirty since he is outside and laying under his bush (which has a little dirt indent he's dug out and likes to lay in). But rabbits are pretty clean in general and he does wash his face, hoping for the best.

20210703_122111.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sacraficial raspberry bush number 1 is being taken out. It's pretty well chewed but it might be able to come back. Sacraficial raspberry bush number 2 is headed into the ring.

20210706_181556.jpg
20210706_181458.jpg
20210706_181515.jpg

And you can just see the shave line in these pictures where his chin was shaved. I honestly can't tell at most angles and have a heck of a time seeing the wound. I'm supposed to monitor it for signs of infection but I honestly can't get him to let me see it. The best I can do it touch it but he's still skittish from giving him meds. Hopefully in a day or two he will relax more around me again.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Peter got his stitches out today. He's back to fairly normal behavior (although I am still jumping at shadows of course). I am glad he has an appointment with a different bunny vet in a month for his RHDV2 vaccine. That vet asked me to bring his medical records so I can get a second opinion on how Peters surgery and care was handled. It just felt off to me, but maybe I am overly cautious.

Here are all three cats and Peter together (note, Link is laying in a depression in the yard making him look small. Peters whole area is slightly raised to prevent flooding).

Screenshot_20210712-190605_Photos.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I hope Peter's appointment for a second opinion goes well. Please let us know what happens, we'll be keeping our fingers crossed for both of you. :crossfingers:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Honeydew! I like to give Peter a wide range of fruits and vegetables to ensure he gets a wide range of micronutrients. In addition to the things I've shared, he also gets dried mixed herbs/plants from a little shop called the Well Kept Rabbit. I tend to rotate through blends based on the season (molt support when he molts, joint support in winter, etc) but with his recent illness he's getting a blend for inflammation and general health along with rose hips, burdock root and dried goji berries.

20210724_142952.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you know rabbits melt?

20210730_190958.jpg

This is melted rabbit, which is when Peter had been pet and has completely sunk into the ground for maximum petting. He will stay this way for a good minute or two waiting for you to restart petting. He also has a spot on his left hip that if you pet he starts reaching to clean it (which I think is because it hurts so I don't touch that area).

This on the other hand is sad rabbit going "peas pet me". Someone was feeling very needy after napping off his yard time this weekend.

20210730_190900.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you know rabbits melt?

View attachment 390236

This is melted rabbit, which is when Peter had been pet and has completely sunk into the ground for maximum petting. He will stay this way for a good minute or two waiting for you to restart petting. He also has a spot on his left hip that if you pet he starts reaching to clean it (which I think is because it hurts so I don't touch that area).

This on the other hand is sad rabbit going "peas pet me". Someone was feeling very needy after napping off his yard time this weekend.

View attachment 390237
He obviously loves you very much. :cloud9: :heartshape:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Peter did get some yard time today, you can just see the tips of his ears in this photo.

20210808_070203.jpg

And continuing the bunny hiding trend of the day, Peter hiding in his hutch after I put down his nightly salad and close his doors.

20210808_193951.jpg