found lifeless kitten

kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today I was at a friends house and we walked across the street to look at an empty house and i almost stepped on a baby kitten. The poor thing was just laying their lifeless but she was breathing.Shes not weaned yet her eyes are still closed and she had maggots in her mouth. She was so cold to the touch I thought she was going to die but i scooped her up and took her to my vet.They got her temperture back up and they were getting the maggots out of her mouth and gave her fluids so they said the good news was she is perking up but im still waiting on word on how she is.I hope she survives.Shes still at the vet and im waiting for their call.Im really anxious.It just broke my heart to hold her lifeless body and she couldnt even cry but she clung to me. I looked everywhere for a mother or more kittens and never found any. Just thought it was strange how she was just laying their. Im still trying to figure that out.I will let you all know about her when i get word hopefully its soon.All prayers appreciated. Kittens

finsterhead

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, how wonderful you took this little baby in and are getting her help. We found three babies almost 8 weeks ago...they were a day old. So i know what kind of commitment it takes to raise a baby. Please keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I called the vet and they said their having trouble stabalizing her cause they get her temperature up and it keeps going up then they have to cool her down and it keeps going down so their going back and forth with that right now.They got all the maggots off her but they said thats not whats wrong.Their beginning to think that she was givin something like poison and their looking into that.She has no internal injurys and no trauma so thats what their leaning towards and that all they have so far. The vet is going to call me back and let me know if he thinks she has a chance or not so their still working on her. Shes a fighter.God i hope shes alright.I will keep you posted. Thanks for all your support im needing it right now. kittens

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im praying real hard for this little baby. Please let us know when you hear. You have a great heart.

kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
new update. The vet called me and told me they finally have her stabalized. She is about 4 to 5 weeks old and she opened her eyes finally. They did test and determined that she was starving to death and severly dehydrated. They said its probably been atleast a week that she hasnt been fed for her to be in that state but one of their technicians is going to take her home and care for her over night and try to get her to eat so shes not out of the woods yet but shes much better.im still hopeful.Their gonna call me tomorrow morning and let me know how she is and i will let you all know. Thanks for all your support for her. kittens

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my God, I can't believe if someone did this to this baby on purpose! But thank goodness you came along. Here's hoping she makes it, poor little one.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't beleive someone would do something like that to a poor little thing!

And thank you so much for helping her- the world needs more people like you. for good news.

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If she was poisoned that might be where her mom and siblings(if she had any) went, they died. Even if there were no other cats around they might have died elsewhere or mom sensed there was something wrong and left her.

Poor baby, I hope she's ok.

Taryn

kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
update not good. They said she had a seizure last night and she acts very disoriented and her temperature just keep going up and down.They did everything they could for her but they dont want her to suffer any more so they put her down.It breaks my heart but im glad she isnt going to suffer anymore. They said when she walked she was very wobbly and she didnt react to any stimuli at all. They thanked me for atleast giving her a chance and i thanked them for trying as hard as they did to give her a chance.Atleast she will be in a better place with God. sweet dreams little one. kittens

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear, I was almost afraid to read your post, because I feared this would be the case. But, as you say, she is at peace now, poor little baby.