Found Kitten tonight need advise

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coco75

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone!!!

Last night when I put him in to go to bed and I kept putting him in the litter box, specially when he kept going over to his bedding and started to do the scratching motion of trying to move litter.

He finally went pee in the litter box!!! WOOO HOOO

He started moving it around like he was going to go poop but after about 5 attempts he gave up. He did cry a few times like he was pushing and it just would not come out.

We played a bit more, brought one of our cats in to be with him and then he started roaming a bit and I put him in the litter box again and after another few attempts...

HE WENT POOP!!!

I felt so much better knowing he has done his business. After that he was pretty tired out and went to bed and passed out.

Since the other cat really was not needed I let him out.

Hercules has pretty much bonded to me as being his surrogate mommy. This AM he was meowing for his morning wet food. So I gave him his dish.

Brought him out to play for a bit and then put him back in his room while I did some chores. He was not happy and cried for a bit.

I went back to get him about an hour later and he tries running to me. He is the cutest lil thing. If I put him down for a second he is at my feet meowing to be picked back up and as soon as he gets picked up he snuggles into my chest and starts to purr.

On our kitchen counter we have our adult cats food and I was in there with him and he saw the other cats eating the dry he meowed and pawed like I want some. So I wanted to see if he would try as he has not touched the other dry food. Sure enough he went to the big bowl and eat some. When he was done he walked back over to me as okay pick me back up.

Now he is sleeping comfortable curled up to me.

Needless to say I have fallen head over heels in love with this little guy.

I don't think the fire ants bites were too bad, he may have just stepped in them before he came to us as I really don't see any bite marks.

But in the past 2 days his nose has gone from dry and warm to nice cool and moist kitten nose.
He has much more strength. He is a little unsteady on his feet which I am guessing is because of the malnourishment and can see him improving the more he walks around and moves.

He is the most curious little thing and not scared of much right now. Sometimes when one of my adult cats gets to close it will startle him and he will hiss. But he calms down fast. Plus they have all been hissing a bit at him. The same with the dogs, granted one of my dogs he has fallen in love with and nuzzles up to that dog at times.

Also he has gained just over 2 ounces from yesterday.
YEAH

Here are a few photos from yesterday and today.

Thank you all again you all ROCK!!!

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
awww! Glad to hear he's doing better!