Found Cat Outside

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She may just be hiding at first. Cats at a new place do that sometimes...mine hid in her carrier and then moved to a box I had put in the room for her in case she wanted to hide.

I got a fright the next morning when I bent down to look in her carrier to see...nothing. I would visit her to sit on the floor on the other side of the room with my tablet and to talk to her in a low, happy voice sometimes and to check her litter box and present her with toy gifts by placing them about two feet away on the ground. After 24 hours, while I was visiting her, she made a plaintive meow cry. Good thing I didn't leave as she started coming out of the box, stretching at first, then coming over to me and swishing her tail all around back and forth...I guess ready to fight. I kept her in her room for about 5-6 days, visiting her often. After a few days, she really was interested in what was outside the door when I left. Then, I figured she was ready and let her out to introduce her to my apt. ^_^ Your cat might be "hiding" until she feels safe.

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Evidence is mounting up that she is/was a BYB's cat.  The declawing, the being comfortable in a wire cage.  Cats like this are often not used to litter boxes so you will have to teach her.  You can try Cat Attract litter and see if it helps.  Do they have the Calming Collar where you live?  If you can't find Feliway, ask about Comfort Zone or calming diffusers.  Often, they have different names in different countries. Leaving the litter box in the wire cage is a good idea for now, as well.  

Cats meow a lot when they are unsure.  Once she feels safe and secure, she will probably stop.  But, Bengals are known to be talkative cats.  They let you know what's going on.  It might just be that she is a talkative kitty, too.  Chirping is indicative of happy noises.  If you have any pet specialty stores, it may be a good idea to take her with you and let her "pick out" some toys and things.  Often with cat toys, it's a crap shoot.  Sometimes you hit the jack pot and find toys they LOVE and other times, they ignore the toys you got completely.  She needs furniture she can jump on and play on, so a cat tree is a must, too.

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, how sad if some breeder dumped her unless she escaped. I'm glad you found her.

I actually buy Comfort Zone with Feliway, not Feliway if that makes a difference. I bought the first spray at Petco to bring my cat home, then stocked up on a few online at Petco when they were an additional 20% off. I bought six Comfort Zone with Feliway diffusers from Amazon after buying the initial one at PetSmart on sale. The prices are much better online.

Thanks for posting that cats stop meowing when they feel safe and secure. My cat hardly meows and I was wishing she'd "talk" more, but now I'll try to stop wishing for that. She did make two meows to herself this morning after trying her new wet food. Now I wonder what that means... She does makes a funny series of meows that sounded like "now!" when I bring her her Fancy Feast kitten pate and she runs with me to her pet dish. I'd love to hear chirping but I love my cat just as she is.

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah my boy Smokem has beautiful markings,and strange behavior.

I always believed he had been kept for breeding and had no idea what

it was to be a pet,very aggressive for a long time.

Now he is ok.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure what you want edited in your posts. I think they're fine. Please PM me if you have some issues with your posts, but honestly, I think everything is OK. And may I add that I'm so glad you took this little girl into your heart and your home. She looks beautiful and she sounds like a sweetie. Bless you for taking care of her. 

By all means, PM me if you have any questions about your thread here. And welcome to TCS!