found cat and kitten

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well today i was out in my garden when i heard a high pich noise which i had adentified as a kitten stright away, so i looked and looked but could not find it/them so i put out some milk and a little kitten food to see if i could get it to come out from wherever it was hiding, and as i looked a kitten came out around 6-8 months and then to my suprise came a kitten about 2 months old (may have got the adult age wrong but she is tiny) i went out the mum was scared at first but soo let me stroke her she has a coller so must be someones pet, she was very protective of the kitten and wont let me go near it so at the moment it is playing in my garden with leaves. The problem is she is young and we have a lot of foxes around my area during the night and it looks like it is going to rain. What should i do???

We have new neighbours and i think it is there cat as i have not seen it before but no one is in and i dont know how a cat and a kitten got out if they were caring for it propley, when they get in i will ask them if the cat is theirs and if it has had kittens if it is theirs im going to phone rspca as the cat is too young to have a litter and is very skinny, it's coller is platic and has caused redness under it's neck. At the mo my main concern is the lil one as i know for certain they it will be killed if it's not taken in. I have just got a new pup and he is to certain about cats so im having to keep him out of the garden ( he wont hurt them as i own two but he does like to chase and i dont want to scare the kitten) i was also wondering are there any more kittens????

Any advise would be great!!

thanks in advance

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, if it were me, whether they belonged to someone or not, I would bring them in, trap them if you have too, and get them safe. Then go around and figure out if htey belong to someone. If they do, give them a list of local low cost clinics they can take her to get spayed.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by louisa

well today i was out in my garden when i heard a high pich noise which i had adentified as a kitten stright away, so i looked and looked but could not find it/them so i put out some milk and a little kitten food to see if i could get it to come out from wherever it was hiding, and as i looked a kitten came out around 6-8 months and then to my suprise came a kitten about 2 months old (may have got the adult age wrong but she is tiny) i went out the mum was scared at first but soo let me stroke her she has a coller so must be someones pet, she was very protective of the kitten and wont let me go near it so at the moment it is playing in my garden with leaves. The problem is she is young and we have a lot of foxes around my area during the night and it looks like it is going to rain. What should i do???

We have new neighbours and i think it is there cat as i have not seen it before but no one is in and i dont know how a cat and a kitten got out if they were caring for it propley, when they get in i will ask them if the cat is theirs and if it has had kittens if it is theirs im going to phone rspca as the cat is too young to have a litter and is very skinny, it's coller is platic and has caused redness under it's neck. At the mo my main concern is the lil one as i know for certain they it will be killed if it's not taken in. I have just got a new pup and he is to certain about cats so im having to keep him out of the garden ( he wont hurt them as i own two but he does like to chase and i dont want to scare the kitten) i was also wondering are there any more kittens????

Any advise would be great!!

thanks in advance
Just because the cat has a collar doesn't necessarily mean it is currently owned. Is there a way that you can go and ask the neighbors if this is their cat and kitten? If it turns out that no one knows who the owner is...then I would treat them both as strays and borrow a trap to take them in and get them both fixed and hopefully find homes for both of them. It's good that you care about them...and hopefully you will be able to locate the owners so that they can be warned not only about the foxes..but the fact that they have 2 intact cats that need to be spayed/neutered.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well no one is in at my neighbours house and i also kow that dont speak much english, right now the cats are sleeping on my couch i brought them in as it's getting late my other half walked in a thought that i had bourght 2 cats and went mental until i told him. I have rang the local vets and shelters to see if any one has reported a missing cat or kitten but no one has yet rang if they are missing a cat oh is making up some signs to put u if we get no joy from owner (if they have one) the cats seem tame they must have been around humans, i have booked them both in to be nutered in two weeks time by my local vet, if i have no joy in finding a owner. and i may just keep them they are so sweet ill try and get some pics

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well no one is in at my neighbours house and i also kow that dont speak much english, right now the cats are sleeping on my couch i brought them in as it's getting late my other half walked in a thought that i had bourght 2 cats and went mental until i told him. I have rang the local vets and shelters to see if any one has reported a missing cat or kitten but no one has yet rang if they are missing a cat oh is making up some signs to put u if we get no joy from owner (if they have one) the cats seem tame they must have been around humans, i have booked them both in to be nutered in two weeks time by my local vet, if i have no joy in finding a owner. and i may just keep them they are so sweet ill try and get some pics

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Louisa...it sounds like you are doing all the right things. Just make sure to keep these 2 indoors only for now. Keep us posted as to any updates.

Katie

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
neighbours just got in and they are thier cats so they are back with there owners i have told them that i will pay for them to be nutered if money is a problem, they said they will try and get a bit of money to put towards them being nutered i have advised them not to let the kitten out as she is far to small and should not be out when there are so many dangers around my cats a 3 years old and they both only go out for around 2-3 hours no more, thats because i learnt the hard way as one of my kittes was run over and killed
since then i have never let my cats/kittens out near the roads for long. I told her i had fed them and that they are a bit skinny she said she feeds them on scrap food, not sutable for a kitten,so i gave her some food and told her were she ca buy it. Hopefully i wont see the kitten out again if i do rspca will have to be involved.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

neighbours just got in and they are thier cats so they are back with there owners i have told them that i will pay for them to be nutered if money is a problem, they said they will try and get a bit of money to put towards them being nutered i have advised them not to let the kitten out as she is far to small and should not be out when there are so many dangers around my cats a 3 years old and they both only go out for around 2-3 hours no more, thats because i learnt the hard way as one of my kittes was run over and killed
since then i have never let my cats/kittens out near the roads for long. I told her i had fed them and that they are a bit skinny she said she feeds them on scrap food, not sutable for a kitten,so i gave her some food and told her were she ca buy it. Hopefully i wont see the kitten out again if i do rspca will have to be involved.
Well..at least now you know who the owners are...and I applaud you for offering to help them pay for the spay as well as your recommendation to keep the little one indoors.

Katie

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You did a good job - and don't feel bad about getting the RSPCA involved if you have to.

Is the collar to small for the kitty? It sounded like it might be.

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im so
it's been about 10-15mins since i reunited kitten and mum to it's owners. I have just looked out of my window and there the little kitten is out side playing in the rain on it's own
What is wrong with these people i know they dont speak much english but they should know how to look after the kittens forgot to mention there was 5 other kittens and they got out and she doesnt know where they are, so im keeping my eye out ,oh is looking behind our shed, it attracts all sorts of animals so we may find one or more there ( i doubt it though foxes may have already got to them poor souls
) even after losing the kittens she still lets this one out, some people never learn. I think i may phone rspca and tell them the situation.

what do you think should i call them???

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

You did a good job - and don't feel bad about getting the RSPCA involved if you have to.

Is the collar to small for the kitty? It sounded like it might be.
the mum is the one with the collor yes it is too small and it's hard plastic i dont think it is actully a coller for cats.

the lil kitten has no collor at all.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

the mum is the one with the collor yes it is too small and it's hard plastic i dont think it is actully a coller for cats.

the lil kitten has no collor at all.
Louisa, based on this and your last post, I would definately call the RSPCA. They aren't taking care of either the MomCat or the kits right.

I'm sending you good luck wishes.

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh found a lil kitten behind our shed but we were to late, ii went nxt door and asked when she last saw the kittens and she said about 3 days ago. poor lil thing
if only i knew sonner i could have put out food/milk. This has not given me much hope for the rest of the litter, have just sent a email to the rspca as couldnt get through by phone waiting for a reply now ill keep you all updated.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

oh found a lil kitten behind our shed but we were to late, ii went nxt door and asked when she last saw the kittens and she said about 3 days ago. poor lil thing
if only i knew sonner i could have put out food/milk. This has not given me much hope for the rest of the litter, have just sent a email to the rspca as couldnt get through by phone waiting for a reply now ill keep you all updated.
Great and little gods, how horrid.

You are being very brave.

I will keep thinking of you and the littles.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG if I were you ,I would take the little kitty inside and take care of it..Those people don't even seem to care about it, and probably wouldn't even notice or care that its gone..

This is so unfortunate.I hate it when people don't care about their animals

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG if I were you ,I would take the little kitty inside and take care of it..Those people don't even seem to care about it, and probably wouldn't even notice or care that its gone..

Yeah, I'd take the kitten in and take care of it since it sounds like these people could care less about their cats.

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
kitten is out once again without it's mum this time at the mo it's hiding behind my fence, i will try and post a pic , once it comes out im taking it in. What should i say if my neighbours knock to ask about the kitten should i lie and say i have not seen it????

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...e/HPIM0647.jpg

He/she does look bigger in this pic as i had to zoom in with my camra sorry about the date and time need to change it on my camra ( it's new so it takes me a long time to work those silly little things out)

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

yes it annoys me to, i thought i would try with the rspca but i have had no luck cant get through by phone and no one has answered my email so ill just have to take it in to my own hands, by the looks of it the mum looks prego again, and the kitten looks to be a female so she needs to be fixed asap. It's there cat and it's up to them if they want to fix her or not, but i dont want tom cats in my garden or stray kits i just isnt far on my own cats. So im going take in the kit as they seem to be chucking it outside before they go to work and then letting it in after work ( while i fed them during the day) And when the vet appointment comes along i will tell the neighbour that the cat needs to go to the vet to be fixed i will pay if need be and take it there, but then it's down to them with what they decide what to do, i just hope they do the right thing and take her to the vet or let me take her

so it looks like i may have a new addition we have got a 5month old labrador and know a kitten ( it's strange cuz both my 16 year old dog and 18 year old cat both died in january, then we get another dog and know another cat)

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well i left the kitten for a bit to see if it would come out, about 5 mins later i heard the kitten and a the cat i oppened my door and there they both are sitting by the food bowls asking for more food should i still feed them, Tried to pick up kitten but mum is having none of it, ill try agian later.

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you are able to take these darlings in, do it. Screw your neighbors. They aren't caring for them the way they need to be in the first place. If they come asking about them, say they were probably taken by foxes and slam the door in their face.
That's what I would do.