Found a tiny kitten tonite

jazzmin_flower

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When my kittens have fleas I use some gentle flea shampoo mixed with a pleasant scented or natural baby shampoo. Q-tips are good to "twist"off the fleas and rinse away.

Don't get the kittens faces wet. Kittens dry quickly. I found tinies can tolerate 2 baths a day for fleas.

Jazzmin

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Unless you know what you are doing, you must never dose a small kitten with any type of flea treatment without a vet's okay. To much can happen and it isn't all good. No, DAWN does not kill the fleas, it does stun them and then you take tweezers and squeeze them to death. Follow that up with a flea comb and you will have removed most of the fleas. But kittens with fleas need to see a vet- because of the danger of anemia, tapeworms and other health issues. Over the counter flea treatments are never a good idea- ALWAYS consult with your vet no matter what Internet site tells you to the contrary-
Excellent advice.

Originally Posted by Jazzmin_Flower

When my kittens have fleas I use some gentle flea shampoo mixed with a pleasant scented or natural baby shampoo. Q-tips are good to "twist"off the fleas and rinse away.

Don't get the kittens faces wet. Kittens dry quickly. I found tinies can tolerate 2 baths a day for fleas.

Jazzmin
It's never a good idea to use over the counter flea meds on adult cats, never mind kittens. Your vet will best be able to tell you how to handle fleas on these kittens.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nekkiddoglady

We named her Chloe.

She saw the vet today.. they said she is about 5 weeks! She didnt get shots today because she's too young, but did get checked for FIV, Leukemia, and heartworm all negative.
Also got some wormer for her.

The adult cats are starting to get used to her.. her and Gozer attack each other LOL
Is that Gozer the Gozerian from Ghostbusters???? LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
camera is not cooperating. I'll have to play with the cell phones and see if I can bluetooth pics from one of them to the computer.

Yep, Gozer, the Gozerian from Ghostbusters LOL. My brother named her.. he's a Ghostbuster freak. When the name was first chosen, one of the guys said "I thought Gozer was a man".. the other relied "Gozer can be anything it wants to be" (apparantly a movie line?)

britt0285

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if this helps, but when we had found kittens that had fleas, my vet gave us a spray bottle of frontline and he said to spray it lightly on rag and just kind of put it on the kittens that way. They were about 6 weeks old or so at that point. They seemed to do okay with it but I was really nervous doing that. So I would just call the vet and see what they recommend.