Found a new online flea med wholesaler--Fleameds.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mowguai

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just want it all to end... So I returned the Advantage to Fleameds. In the meantime, the seller of course denies my accusation of vending counterfeit Advantage. He claims that he always gets his products from license vet.

Also, in regards to the expiry date on Advantage, I received a letter from the Advantage rep. The rep told me that Advantage DOES NOT expire, as long as it is still in the sealed tube.

From now on, I would only buy stuffs from my vet's office.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Louse76
So it does sound like in fact that our government has unnecessarily weakened the formula with their regulations and is calling anything from outside the country with the un-US-regulated dosage 'counterfit'.

Just as I suspected.
Just because the formula that you purchase in your particular country has a slightly lower concentration of the active ingredient than another country does not mean that your country has unnecessarily sells a 'weakened formula'. Like I stated in my first post, different countries have different legislation and regulations when it comes to the use of chemicals.

Each government is quite able to label a product that doesn't meet the nation's criteria as counterfeit and/or unsafe. This is not to confuse consumers. This is a safeguard to protect consumers from possible harm.

Again, I must stress, please talk to your vet regarding this. They will be able to explain the situation relative to where you live. I am just talking about the bigger picture as to how chemicals are regulated worldwide.

Originally posted by mowguai
I just want it all to end... So I returned the Advantage to Fleameds. In the meantime, the seller of course denies my accusation of vending counterfeit Advantage. He claims that he always gets his products from license vet.

Also, in regards to the expiry date on Advantage, I received a letter from the Advantage rep. The rep told me that Advantage DOES NOT expire, as long as it is still in the sealed tube.

From now on, I would only buy stuffs from my vet's office
Your seller may be telling the truth. Did he state the country from where he bought it from? And again, with the internet when buying medication either for pets or humans it is difficult to know 100% that you are getting what you are paying for.

My Advantage pack, just as every other pack that I have bought, along with Frontline Plus all have an expiry date. With what I know about chemicals, I do not believe that what the representative told you is 100% correct.

The expiry date is a guide for consumers. It is an estimated time that states for how long the chemical will remain stable and not break down and become a completely different chemical, rendering it ineffective.

BUT! If the product is stored according to the manufacturer's instructions then it is possible that the chemical remains stable and doesn't break down or react with any preservatives that may or may not be present or with the container itself!

Would I use a chemical beyond its use by date? That answer would be no. The risk of possibly causing harm is too great in my opinion.

uncle fester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get flea meds from 1.800.petmeds and I order them through the website I built for the cat rescue group I belong to, part of the purchase goes to my group, so it's almost like getting a discount.

The problem I find with discounted stuff is, if the deal sounds too good to be true, chances are that it is. I haven't found any problems with 800PETMEDS stuff.

It's a lot like the counterfit bolts and fastners that can appear in automotive and truck parts operations.
Our bolts and fastners have to meet strict specifications and tolerances for obvious reasons and I'm not too keen on the idea of thundering down the highway with sub-standard bolts and fastners holding this 80,000 pound monster together.

When it comes to medication for your pets, you're really buying chemicals to place on or in your pet that are supposed to be helping your pet, not harming it.
I was about to put that link into my favorites and save me some money, too. But after reading this, I'll pay the higher price, get the free shipping and have the confidence that I'm getting exactly the right product.

kiddybug

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mowguai

Has anyone make any purchase through that vendor before? www.fleameds.com? BBB has some information about this company, but nothing positive nor negative. However, the price on Advantage is very good, with flat shipping rate of $4.95. I just placed one small order and hopefully everything will go well.

Keep my fingers crossed.
I tried to purchase some flea meds through fleameds.com. They took my money right away, and after a month, I still had no meds. I tried calling and e-mail to no avail. I looked up the address and visited it. It's an old house that is run down. No number on the mail box, no number on the house. I finally went through my visa card to get my money back.
Good luck with your order.
Also....
1800petmeds.com is right down the street. As soon as I mentioned this site, they said they are not on the up and up and sell outdated meds.

Good luck!!!