Found a exspecting cat

dengirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi , today a cat wondered into our yard . she has not let as of yet . she looks little for being pregnaunt . she looks real skinny . we did feed her because its hot outside and shes obviously going to have kittens . my question is , what should we do ? i dont want her in my home being sicky , shes been sneezing alot . and we have a cat of our own already , we dont want her getting sick ... i wouldnt mind her staying in my yard till she has her babies and they are winged and i guess i can find them homes later but all this s a ways down the road ... any ideas on what to do to make sure she gets healthy before she gives birth ? i heard pregnaunt cats shoud not get shots .. anyways id like to hear anything we can or should do for this little momma to be , this has to be her first little she looks younge to me ...

petnurse2265

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would contact a local rescue group, so they can take her in and get her healthy. If the momma is not the healthy, the kittens are not healthy and will have a higher mortality rate. Leaving her in your yard to have her kittens is not very safe either, she could one day decide to up and move them and then they would just add to the feral cat population. Call around to local vets and animal shelters and ask them for the numbers to some cat rescue groups, you would be doing momma cat and her unborn kittens a favor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dengirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
THank you and i will call our vet tomorrow , i didnt even think of that

Originally Posted by Petnurse2265

I would contact a local rescue group, so they can take her in and get her healthy. If the momma is not the healthy, the kittens are not healthy and will have a higher mortality rate. Leaving her in your yard to have her kittens is not very safe either, she could one day decide to up and move them and then they would just add to the feral cat population. Call around to local vets and animal shelters and ask them for the numbers to some cat rescue groups, you would be doing momma cat and her unborn kittens a favor.