Found a cat with bad scabies

samira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, So I found a cat with a very bad scabies. I took him to the vet but they refused to treat it, saying they will give me the medicines but can't baord it with them.
I have two cats and a baby at home so it's difficult to take it with me.
What should I do?
I tried searching for someone to take it in, but no one wants him 😢

The poor thing is tired and wants cuddles but I can't do that. 💔

Attachments

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there only 1 vet? Could you corral this kitty in a small area? This is an odd question, but all I can think of to add: would someone be willing to temporarily cat sit your 2 healthy cats while you treat the poorly one? Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I asked a three vets, two of them said they can't help. One said he will give medication but no baording.

Unfortunately, I am currently pregnant so even if someone took the healthy cats, I wouldn't be able to take care of it. I asked a few friends and I will pay them, but no one agreed as of now 🥲

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get a topical flea and tick remover that works for mites, like Revolution PLUS or Advantage MULTI, it has to say it will kill ear mites (so mites). It may be a little pricey but cheaper than a vet doing it. It is usually online.I feel so sorry for you and the kitten, it looks so young, be careful of how much you apply, high up on the back of the neck. You will have to weigh the kitten. Make sure to wear gloves and use sanitizer. Call every shelter in town and ask them what to do, one may have a foster to take care of the kitten. Get on facebook and make a plea for someone to foster the kitten, offer to pay. i will pray you find something! PLEASE keep us informed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I sent the cat to a bigger veterinary in the city, unfortunately they said it had leukemia and kidney failure on top of the scabies. The treatment is almost impossible, so I had no choice but to let him sleep so at least he won't be in pain anymore 😔💔

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry. He is so lucky that he had you fighting for him, and willing to make that Hard Decision for him. The alternative, a slow, miserable death alone, would have been infinitely worse. You are a hero in his eyes, and in ours.