Found a beautiful cat, unsure if pregnant or not

victoriathomas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I recently took in this beautiful stray cat (October 26) and over the past few days I’ve noticed her nipples are pink and balding and she’s 2 weeks from her vet appointment, do you think she’s pregnant? She’s been crazy affectionate since day 1, loves to eat and sleep all day and night, how long along do you think she is?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is gorgeous, and looks young. Have you had her scanned for a chip?

Once you can see or feel kitten movement there are usually 2-3 weeks left.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

victoriathomas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is gorgeous, and looks young. Have you had her scanned for a chip?

Once you can see or feel kitten movement there are usually 2-3 weeks left.
I’m sorry, I called her a stray because her original owner moved away and they’ve been being looking after her here and there but they’re allergic so she couldn’t get much interaction the past few months, she’s 8-9 months old

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nipples become rosy quite exactly day21. Nut if she was rossy but you didnt noticed.... Anyways, IF wish to spay its still doable.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the way she's losing fur around her nipples, I'd say it's very likely she's pregnant.

Did her former owners let her roam freely, or did she stay inside?

victoriathomas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
With the way she's losing fur around her nipples, I'd say it's very likely she's pregnant.

Did her former owners let her roam freely, or did she stay inside?
she stayed inside, and she was rehomed with her brother. He was the only male she was around her 8-9 months of life

victoriathomas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had him for one night as his new home prepared for his arrival and the entire time he was constantly sniffing her butt and slapping her, I never even considered them breeding togetherness

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, yeah, so he'd be the dad :/. At this age he'd just be figuring out what to do. Inbreeding isn't always problematic the first generation, but then you don't know what their ancestors were up to. If you're comfortable with the idea, you can talk to the vet about a spay/abort, and if you want her to have the kittens you can discuss what kind of issues to look for.