Found 6-9 Month Old Kitten...SICK ???

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for rescuing these two! What did the vet say about the little boy, his tail, his unwillingness to play, and his totally not acting like an 8 mo. old kitten?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh, poor kitty. Did you get him to the vet? That tail really needs to be seen by a veterinarian immediately. For the kitty, more

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newkittysaver

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So the little guy went to the vet yesterday, he is now our 300.12 dollar stray lol

His x-rays show that his tail is NOT broken, nor is it damaged. The vet says he probably went through a really bad trauma, he should heal soon with care.

He's been enjoying the pain killers, he is still a little upset at times when he is in pain. The only thing she could tell is that his bowels are backed up, and he really needs to get going to the bathroom soon lol
He has ear mites, so we got medicine for that. The little girl has them too, so she'll be getting a cleaning as well.

Luckily our other two's ears are clean as whistles

So right now he is still in the pen, doing couch time, trying to play with toys, and slowly doing better. He does need a bath everyday, since when he does try to go the the liter box his walking still isn't steady, so he tends to "fall" in and get it all over him.
OH!, and we also got him tested for Aids/Leukemia, he tested negative for both

We will probably adopt him out when he is fully recovered, though my husband seems to be a tad bit attached to the little guy.

I don't know if I should post this here, but does anyone know how to keep a one liter box apartment not smelling so...present?
We use Tidy Cat liter, but with 4 cats, it's driving me nuts! Pregnant nose is not happy. Any better liter to use? Or mix something with the liter? I use Baking Soda, the liter box mix stuff, and I think it just makes it smell more rather than eliminate the odor.
Thanks everyone!!

alexandrajames

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am soooo happy to hear that both kittens are doing well!!!!

I'm sure little guy will be back in shape in no time!!!!
He is lucky to have you and your hubby looking after him!

As far as the litter: I use Arm and Hammer Double Duty kitty litter. Luna is in a small bedroom and I have to keep her door shut for now as she is still in hiding and not ready to be introduced to the whole house yet. A little more feral than your two.

I was using a cheaper brand of litter, but soon found out that I had to change whole litter pan daily because of the smell. This stuff I use now is a little more, but saves money in the end because I am not using so much.

I do only have 1 cat so maybe it doesn't make much difference. I also use scoopable.

Maybe adding 1 more litter box wouldn't hurt as you have more than cat.

I also leave a window cracked while I am in the room with Luna so fresh air comes in. As I said small bedroom and she can stink it up occasionally.

Wishing you and your new friends love and luck

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
His number 2 isnt coming? did the vet suggested some suitable mild home remedy for loosing the bowels?

Here in Sweden we use goat butter. Preferably the norwegian version...

But in USA? I dont remember at this moment what our forumites usually do recommend.
Conserved pumpkin??

Good luck!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is happy news, the tail will heal, he tested negative to the deadly diseases, and you are going to adopt him.
He must be so happy now and feel so loved

As for the litter, you could try to add some of the tidy cats litter deodorizer and sprinkle that in the litter. Just scoop as often as you can. Baking soda does work well too.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As for getting things moving, I'd try to increase the wet food you're feeding him and add a bit of plain canned pumpkin (not the pie mix with the seasonings added). You can also try some fish oil or Slippery Elm Bark or even plain Miralax added to wet food. If you go with Miralax, start with just 1/4 t a day. When he does go, it'll probably be explosive, so you'll need to clean him up.

As for the litter box smell, scoop, scoop, scoop! Also, if there's any way you can add a 2nd or 3rd box, that will help tremendously.

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good to hear the kitties are well.

Try using Scoop Away multiple cat clumping and definitely used an enclosed cat litter. I have 4 cats that use the same litter box and my room never ever smells. Highly recommended.