Found 2 kittens in a box on the street! Need help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

koolkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

@  Klutz  I would definitely go back to that vet (the surgery guy) and get a receipt!!!  Did you pay with a check..card..cash??
I went back and he gave me a reciept. I didn't tell him that I reported him. The AVMA asked me to mail the receipt, so I can't say what was on it. I paid with a check.

koolkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

That sure sounds like a scam to me.

But on the plus side, both kittens are healthy and back together again and seem to be settling in really well with your two other cat. 

Please report this to the AVMA and let us know what happens, Sparks got off quite lightly but the next cat and owner might not be so lucky.

So glad that Sparks and Donut have you as there person now, you sound as if you're doing the best for all four of them.
Thank you. 

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I too am very glad that all your cats are well. Without an itemized receipt it may prove hard to get your money back and hard to go after him but it's worth trying because if he's done this to you, and he has, he's done it to many and many more to come. Since he obviously didn't operate on your cat, and since I'm sure he wouldn't waste injecting medicine that costs him money into a healthy cat, I expect he took the cat into the back, kept him in a cage until it was time to give him back and then happily stole your hard earned money.

If you want some vet recommendations I'd be happy to make some, I know excellent vets in several boroughs, and several who charge very reasonable fees, and there is always the Humane Society hospital in Manhattan that is very reasonably priced. Some NYC residents can qualify for free spay neuter, PM me for details!

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that you reported this vet. Hopefully you will save other cats and their worried owners from going through what you've gone through both emotionally and financially. Please let us know what the outcome of your report!  And I'm happy that your cats don't have FelV, that is the happiest part of your story

koolkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I too am very glad that all your cats are well. Without an itemized receipt it may prove hard to get your money back and hard to go after him but it's worth trying because if he's done this to you, and he has, he's done it to many and many more to come. Since he obviously didn't operate on your cat, and since I'm sure he wouldn't waste injecting medicine that costs him money into a healthy cat, I expect he took the cat into the back, kept him in a cage until it was time to give him back and then happily stole your hard earned money.

If you want some vet recommendations I'd be happy to make some, I know excellent vets in several boroughs, and several who charge very reasonable fees, and there is always the Humane Society hospital in Manhattan that is very reasonably priced. Some NYC residents can qualify for free spay neuter, PM me for details!
Thank you. I did get a receipt from him, but I didn't tell him that I'm gonna report him to the AVMA.

Thank you also for the vet recommendations, but I'm actually going to the same vet that gave them their shots, the first one that they saw (the good one). They offered free spay-neuter when I first saw them, so I took the opportunity

koolkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I am so glad that you reported this vet. Hopefully you will save other cats and their worried owners from going through what you've gone through both emotionally and financially. Please let us know what the outcome of your report!  And I'm happy that your cats don't have FelV, that is the happiest part of your story
Ok! I'll keep you updated.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you. I did get a receipt from him, but I didn't tell him that I'm gonna report him to the AVMA.

Thank you also for the vet recommendations, but I'm actually going to the same vet that gave them their shots, the first one that they saw (the good one). They offered free spay-neuter when I first saw them, so I took the opportunity
Sounds good!