found 10 kittens help

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok i found 10 kittens in my friends apt complex we caught 7

6 are small like 2 months old and the rest of them 4 are large about 4 months old

we could not catch the last few i tried but they are too scared so i sent a msg to cat rescue

i found homes for 5 of the kittens from people i trust that i know would make a good home for them that already have cats

one person took 2 and has 3 cats at home

one person took another 2

and one person took 1

out of the 6 small ones there is this black and white one who is bigger than the rest when they eat he growls andslaps the others out of the way he also plays more rough and is more hyper BUT he is everyones first pic like EVERYONE that saw the kittens at first wanted him but i suggested they try one of the smaller more laid back submissive kitteens because the one they all want is very alpha and has food aggression he will growl and smack any of his litter mates that trys to eat when hes eating

NOW I DO NOT KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT CATS SO I MADE AN ASSUMPTION WITH PEOPLE WANTING A GOOD CAT THAT WILL GET ALONG WITH FAMILY AND KIDS and other cats I THOUGHT THE BLACK ONE IS VERY ALPHA BY THE WAY HE SLAPS AROUND THE OTHER KITTENS AND I WARNED THEM HE MIGHT GIVE THEIR OTHER CATS A HARD TIME IN THE FUTURE DUE TO HIS DOMINAT PEROSNALITY

i do not know if i was wrong in suggesting this but after i showed them how he eats with his litter mates they changed their mind about him and picked a more submissve laid back less rough kitten

the alpha kiten also plays really rough i got scrapes on me while the other kittens played very gentle and sweet

EVERY person that has seen this litter wanted the alpha first because he is most confidant he will walk up to a stranger and climb up his leg he has no fear and is the cuttest also hes a bit fat from hogging evryone elses food

so now its just him and the older female cat that is 4 months old left he really misses his litter mates did i do the right thing by suggesting people adopt a more submissive kitten ?

HE KEEPS GETTING CLOSER TO THE OLDER FEMALE KITTEN WHO IS TWICE HIS SICE AND TRYS TO SUCK ON HER BUT SHE GROWLS AND SLAPS HIM IS IT STILL SAFE TO LEAVE THE TWO TOGETHER FOR NOW ? HE LIKES HER SHE DOESNT LIKE HIM I AM WAITING FOR CAT RESCUE I WOULD HATE TO GIVE THEM TO A HUMANE SOCIETY THAT IS A KILL SHELTER

4 month old kitten hopefully gets adopted asap to a good home because her cute kitten stage is going to be gone soon

b

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The "alpha" cat as you call him does seem to have an only-cat disposition. I definitely think that if the people who were adopting the others already had cats that you made the right choice to give them the younger ones who will adapt more easily to a "family" of cats.

With the playing thing, I don't think it's a problem if he bites and scratches while he plays. That's what cats do and how they play with each other. The difference is that when a cat plays with another cat, they both have fur so claws and teeth don't hurt them but when they play with you, they don't realize that they're hurting you. When he bites you while playing, take your hand away and stop playing. You could probably say "no" also. Another thing is to play with him using a toy or stuffed animal or towel or something he can bite/chew on w/o consequences. You want to let him know that biting people isn't ok but biting toys is ok.

If you found all of these guys, I'm going to assume that none of them were fixed. I would say definitely keep the male and female cats away from each other especially if you don't know how old they are. I don't know exactly how young girl cats can get pregnant but I know it's pretty young. And there are shelters that are no-kill as well as places that will spay/neuter pets for a low rate or even free. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting the remaining two fixed AND ENCOURAGE YOUR FRIENDS TO DO THE SAME WITH THEIR KITTIES! That will keep other litters from being created thus keeping this problem from happening again. If money's an issue, try asking the adopters to pay for a portion of the process. This is a huge, huge concern because kittens get killed at shelters when there's a surplus and a surplus comes from un-fixed cats.

Also, if the boy's being aggressive toward the girl, it's best to keep them apart so they don't hurt each other and so they're both less stressed.

Thank you for caring about these babies and looking for good homes for them. It's people like you who will help solve the stray cat problem.
Best of luck!!

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can get pregnant at 4 months, definitely seperate the males and females