foul, foul poop

kitcatmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So totw is not good to feed cats? We don't use a lot of dry food but I do leave it out for the kittens to snack on since they are still young and I don't have the budget for all wet. Maybe I need to go look for a new dry food today :(. I really thought I found a decent food for a decent price!

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After all they've been through the past few years, its certainly not something I'd bring home for my animals. Diamond is too sketchy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gussy14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sad! I did get some Merrick and am slowly transitioning her to it. We'll see how it goes. Doesn't Diamond make Blue Buffalo, too?

pangurban

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had the 10 on the poop smell scale issue with Pangur when we first adopted him. One time it as so bad DH and I were looking all over the living room for poop absolutely convinced it had be in there somewhere when it was actually from the litter box ACROSS THE HOUSE. After taking him off the chicken Blue Buffalo and putting him on Solid Gold is got slooooooooooowly better. Now we only have the occasional 7-8 stinker.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

gussy14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to give an update for anyone who might be interested.

We took the family in to the rescue for the kittens' 6-week-appointment. Mama proceeded to take a crap on herself in the carrier while they were there, so all the staff got to experience how bad her poop is (and clean her off 
). Which they agreed was awful. The only real thing they did was give a dewormer, which is standard, but they don't see anything that is an issue causing the awful poop.

Meanwhile, since the appointment on Saturday, her poop has improved. It still stinks when she goes, but it does not linger like it used to. It is also a little more solid. Maybe it's just her, maybe the dewormer, or maybe it is since we are almost done transitioning to the Merrick. (I've been doing it quite slowly, it's probably 80/20 Merrick/ToTW now). 

I suspect it's the food. So thanks for that advice! It makes me want to take out the ToTW immediately, but I will still give it a couple more days. I am so grateful to smell some improvement!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw. Poor Mama. 
 Mine have gotten poop stuck in their fur before and hate it. That has led to 1 AM tushie baths in the past. I'm glad to hear that it's starting to get better. I've never fed them TOTW so I have no experience with it. It very well could be the food. I hope things continue to improve for Mama (and everyone's noses 
)