Fostering A Pregnant Cat For The First Time

Jaynika26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
just picked up a pregnant cat two days ago from our local shelter. She actually just raised a litter and managed to get pregnant again. She’s about two weeks away from delivery and we’ve noticed she’s sleeping a lot more and eating less than she was on the first day. She’s fully switched over to kitten food and was eating 2 cans a day and now she’s eating about 3/4-1 can a day. Is this normal? Should I be concerned

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for rescuing mom cat! Have you had the chance to consult vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jaynika26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for rescuing mom cat! Have you had the chance to consult vet?
she had a checkup at the clinic right before we picked her up, they didn't x-ray her so they don't know how many are in there. (Hoping everyone's healthy!!)

Jaynika26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! How are things now?
Do you have a vet you can talk with?
She's been eating better, still very sleepy, doesn't want to move out of the box we've set up for her (is this normal considering she's still two weeks away) We can email our local shelter's RVT's whenever we need to and a vet is sometimes available in emergencies. Hoping everything goes well.

Jaynika26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She shouldn't be this lethargic with two weeks to go. I would get her to a vet.
She’s eating and drinking and using the litter box regularly, should I still take her in? Our vet is super busy

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's up to you. I think I would, since you've already noticed such a change in eating habits and energy.