Foster Situation Needed In North Carolina, 6-8 Weeks From Now...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't ask before, but what is up with the extreme animal control involvement? Is your neighbor's mother a foster, and that is why she is being limited as to who/how many she can keep? Perhaps, she is having a change in heart about letting them go? Or, your friend isn't as nearly as interested in helping her mother out as you are? Is it possible for you to deal directly with the one who has the kittens?

Something is up - there always is in cases that go in a similar direction to this one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are limits on how many animals can be kept where she lives. They are usually ignored, unless someone complains. Caroline's SO got in an argument with a neighbor, and the neighbor turned them in, in retaliation. They have re-homed two of their four dogs to good places, and need homes for the kittens as soon as they are weaned in order to be in compliance.

I actually am dealing directly with the mother. I like her, but she's flighty. We'll get there. I'm going to keep on her about this. It's too important.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor's mother has gotten herself into a bit of a situation, and is desperately trying to find someone to foster her cat's kittens, rather than have animal control take them (they will allow her to keep Mama Cat) to the high-kill shelter here. She is also working on this, but reached out to me, knowing I have more resources than she. There are three kittens, sexes currently unknown (working on that). They are approximately 2 weeks old now, and I've convinced animal control that they need to be AT LEAST 8 weeks before being removed from Mama Cat...and BOY was that a job! If anyone in the coastal NC area, or further afield if we can arrange transport, can assist, it would be deeply appreciated. Just PM me, and I'll do everything possible to facilitate this!

View attachment 290053 View attachment 290054 View attachment 290055 View attachment 290056
They are so cute

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We progress. I now have a GOOD picture of the three together, and she is working on getting individual shots. Since they need to be with mama for a couple of more weeks, at least, we have some time to do this, and the owner is actively WORKING WITH ME NOW!