Foster Situation Needed In North Carolina, 6-8 Weeks From Now...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My neighbor's mother has gotten herself into a bit of a situation, and is desperately trying to find someone to foster her cat's kittens, rather than have animal control take them (they will allow her to keep Mama Cat) to the high-kill shelter here. She is also working on this, but reached out to me, knowing I have more resources than she. There are three kittens, sexes currently unknown (working on that). They are approximately 2 weeks old now, and I've convinced animal control that they need to be AT LEAST 8 weeks before being removed from Mama Cat...and BOY was that a job! If anyone in the coastal NC area, or further afield if we can arrange transport, can assist, it would be deeply appreciated. Just PM me, and I'll do everything possible to facilitate this!

20190622_110433.jpg 20190622_110621.jpg 20190622_110648.jpg 20190622_110852.jpg

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a good thing I'm not in NC because I'd be temped to take them all myself and I don't need that. Or so I'm told ;)
My inexperienced eye isn't anything to swear by, and I could be mistaken (also known as "probably wrong" :lol:), but they look a bit older than 2 weeks to me. For their development, that's good because it's extra time with Mama.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say they look older than 2 weeks. Maybe 4 weeks? But either way it is more time with mom! I live on the west coast or I would offer.

Have you started calling all the no kill shelters in your state already? Are there pet living friends in your area? Is it possible to arrange for mom and the kittens to be fostered together until the kittens are 12 weeks old?

:goodluck:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry, I smushed my hands the morning after I posted, and could only poke at the keyboard with one finger. I think that Caroline is confused, and the kittens are about 4-5 weeks old. STILL haven't gotten info on what the sexes are. There are NO no-kill shelters close. There is one in the next town over that purports to be no-kill, but it's really "low kill." No luck yet. Most rescuers will only take the kittens, even at weaning, if mama is surrendered, as well, and Caroline is determined to keep the mama...it's about all she will have left. She'll have a secure home for her, but not the kittens.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Access the Next Door Neighbor web site (if there is one) to ask for anyone who either fosters or wants to adopt one or more of these kittens. Are there any rescue centers/groups (NOT shelters) that are in the area? You might also ask the neighbors about that on Next Door as well. That is how I found a center, as well as a couple of fosters near me. Is there a PetSmart near you that might partner with a couple of rescue centers for cat/kitten adoptions? You might ask.

Is this a legit link for adoptions? ► Cat Rescue ► North Carolina