Foster Momma cat wont quiet down--how long to let her cry..?

someday

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am fostering a momma and 4 babies who are approx 6-7weeks old. They have their own room complete with food,toys, litter boxes, beds, water,etc....

In addition I have 5 resident cats--all altered and 4 are senior.

The problem is that momma cat cries and cries to come out with me, but in order to do that I have to lock all of my residents up--PLUS let the babies out as well because if I don't she lays by their door and cries just as much... I have been doing this almost every 4 hours because one of the kittens is still being spoon fed (they were very sick at one time and this one refuses to eat any other way).

At first Mom would just cry and beat at the door for a few minutes when I put them back in their room--but now she won't let up--I gave up after an hour and let them back out..

How long can I let her cry? She has food -water-clean litter-doesn't seem to be in pain or ill. I have tried letting her be with some of my other guys but I think she is still very protective and a fight invariably occurs--

On top of it my guys will protest just as much being quarantined--even with all that they need.

This has to stop--I can't get anything done. I am worried about her hurting herself or even just stressing the babies too much...

Suggestions--PLEASE!!!!!!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there any possibility that she's in heat again? If she's not been spayed, I'd do that ASAP!