Foster kitten not pooping. Is it constipation?

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all. So I am currently fostering 2 kittens; one is a 4 week old (Rosy) and the other is a 6 week old (Louis) and I got them 3 days ago. The little one is on kitten formula, baby food and rehydrant to keep her hydrated. The older one is on wet food, boiled shredded chicken as well as baby food and formula.

The little one was eating fine when she arrived but she was constipated and didn't poop for 2 days. I gave her a dewormer the second night and she quickly went potty so I thought her constipation problems were over. However, today she seems to be having the same problem. Overall though she is active but occasionally she sleeps in a position with her head drooping like she's not well.

The older one was more active at first, no toilet problems or anything but today I noticed that he was a little less active and a bit more lethargic. He even had diarrhea and he just vomited. They both feel a litttttle warmer than normal but I can't tell if its a fever. I have booked an appointment with the vet but its not until Tuesday so any assumptions on what might be the problem? Especially with the kittens constipation.

This is my first time fostering such young kittens so it is a new experience for me and I can't quite tell which behaviours are warning signs and which ones are normal so any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance:)))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: I took the kittens to the vet and 2 out of 3 kittens had a fever. The vet suspected and infection and put them on antibiotics and they're doing well now. Thank you everyone for the concern. Posted a pic of the babies now:
20220914_064719.jpg
20220915_145019.jpg

I promise they're both ok. The tabby just had a lot to say and the grey is camera shy. It was the first time I took her pic since I got her😆