Foster Cat Gave Birth To Premature, Small Dead Kitten Last Night. What Do I Do Now?

DollfaceJessi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was told she was a lynx point Siamese and she was pregnant. That was all. She was found in a field , skin and bones, by my elderly neighbor. We took her in two days ago. Last night she delivered a small, red, hairless kitten in my son's bed while he was sleeping. He woke me up saying "angel pooped in my bed" at about 4am. When I went to check on her, she was cleaning a small kitten. But it was already cold and lifeless. At 8 this morning when we woke up she had eaten it. Her belly has gone down. She's acting perfectly fine but what are the chances of their being more than one kitten? Is it possible she could grow the others to full term? This photo was from before she delivered the stillborn.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!
Thank you so much for taking in this kitty - she is gorgeous!!

Do you have a vet you can take her to? That would be your best course of action, because in addition to checking for any more kittens, she may need flea treatment or she may have worms that would need to be taken care of. A vet can best determine these things :)

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Dollfacejessi, welcome to TCS. The fact that she was willing to sleep on the bed with your son seems to indicate that she belongs to a good home. She may well be lost. Can you offer her a box prepared as a nest and see if she adopts it to deliver any more kittens she may have.
The best thing would be to have her seen by a vet as suggested by Furballsmom to determine what her condition is.
Please keep us posted. Good luck and best wishes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DollfaceJessi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She hasn't had any more kittens, her stomach seems much smaller. She's acting perfectly normal and insists on sleeping with my 4 year old son, instead of me. Lol. I will keep everyone updated.
We were really hoping for a kitten from her so this breaks our hearts to think there was only one. :(