Foster cat gave birth 4 days ago still obviously pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee88888

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I am new to cat fostering and I have a two year old cat currently who is now on day 69 of her pregnancy.

she is very big she had 3 babies on 10th March (Thursday just gone) one was still born too healthy and fine. Theyare very small.

she is still humongous, I can feel and see babies moving, she is acting normally being a great mummy eating and drinking sleeping loads. The vets have said to wait it out as long as she seems fine - but I am a bit worried as I’ve never had this happen before, I’ve had a foster that has delivered with a day or two break between babies but never as many as 4.

Has anyone experienced this before, how was your experience would really appreciate any responses.

She gained around 2.7lbs over the pregnancy she was weighed very early in by the shelter and I’ve weighed her as she progresses.

Bee x

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree to let nature take its course here unless she gets in obvious distress and/or is bleeding bright red blood. This is not common but does happen when kittens are conceived a few days later.

Let’s hope all goes well and the rest are healthy!

Keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bee88888

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree to let nature take its course here unless she gets in obvious distress and/or is bleeding bright red blood. This is not common but does happen when kittens are conceived a few days later.

Let’s hope all goes well and the rest are healthy!

Keep us posted.
thank you for your response. She went back into Labour last night and delivered another stillborn, unfortunately it had seperated from its sac. She then went on to deliver a healthy baby girl straight after!

so we have three happy and healthy babies and a content mumma who is resting before the havoc begins 😂

C341A270-6D00-4019-8E75-70518B5A1FE5.jpeg
02D6C681-949F-4177-AD70-FCEB109B9BB1.jpeg
FBB59B77-D049-4019-88F4-A83E633D7C56.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.