Foster asking for me to bring kitten back

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only skimmed through this thread, but if this woman was fostering for a shelter, you definitely should let the shelter know the situation. And I don't think they should allow any more cats to be fostered by her. I understand falling in love with a cat, but what she has been doing isn't reasonable in any way.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Awww.  Maxi is adorable!  She looks very happy in her new home.  What a stunner she will be when she's grown! 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Your little baby is absolutely gorgeous!! a really cutie, sweetie...Maxi, I love that name.. It seems to fit her to a "T"

I have just read through this entire thread. I did post a comment as I went along, but after reading all of it, well, I have to respond...

You did good with that last message to this raving maniac.. ok, I am blunt.. She wants a cat, whom she 'fell in love with' to be uprooted from a wonderful home, so SHE can have it and become a 'foster fail'... No Way!

As has been advised, please block her from text messaging you, phone calling you, and e-mailing you.. do not read or respond to any of her future messages.. she is bullying you...

I volunteer at a humane society. If I were you, I would talk to the president of the humane society where this 'foster' volunteers... she sounds unstable. They would want to know that.. She really cannot be trusted to be a person who is in charge of adoptions or fosters.. they would want to know the entire situation.. It is not to get her in trouble, but it is in the benefit of the humane society to realize how this woman is acting. Who knows what may come up with any future adoptions/fosters where she is involved in..

and please try to move on... if this woman is bad  mouthing you to your friend, please try to ignore the situation and just love your new baby.. Your friend knows both of you so she should not be forced to take sides...

Hug, cuddle, and kiss little Maxi.... never let her go!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

As has been advised, please block her from text messaging you, phone calling you, and e-mailing you.. do not read or respond to any of her future messages.. she is bullying you...
Ditto, she is not acting in a rational or stable manner.  Go on with your life and your new precious baby, Maxi.  She's absolutely darling.

marrin713

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beautiful little kitten!

Block that lunatics butt. I understand getting attached to a foster but she's cray.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
She's a beautiful kitten, absolutely adorable!

I don't think you have done anything wrong at all @Kellyyfaber  You've already been a lot nicer and more tolerant of this woman than you needed to be. As long as the shelter know the situation, so they can be careful about letting her foster in the future, I think you should forget all about her and get on with life with your new kitten.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When our Whisper gave birth to five kittens in our bedroom (this was years ago), we agreed to let the kittens go. Rick knew a couple who wanted a kitten and he knew they were good people. They came to the house and they picked out Spike. Well, we had already agreed that BooBoo was staying with us as well as Ms. Pepe. But when the people chose Spike, I stood up and said, "I'm sorry. Spike is staying with us. Please choose another kitten. Please." Rick was very surprised, but Spike had taken my heart and I couldn't let him go. Thankfully, the couple understood and they ended up taking Taffy (and I would like to add that they were wonderful pet parents; they had Taffy for 17 years before she passed away). But when I made the decision to keep Spike, it was before they took him home with them, while he was still in our house. Had he gone with them, I would have never asked them to return him. No way.
I did the same thing last year. Fostered a cat who had 3 kittens. No intention to keep any of them. Fell in love with the orange male & could not give him to someone else. Even when he went to be spayed I called the shelter to be sure nobody stole off with him. I drove them nuts!