Former fighting pit bulls and cats

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's actually a valid statement, for some dogs. Some are able to be rehabilitated, but some, no matter how hard you try.. just aren't. It's a sad thing that people do what they do to animals, and then the animals suffer the consequences of what they learn and what becomes habit due to how previous owners have taught them.

We just went through this with a Great Dane that ultimately killed my cat (after two years of living with her), and was never good around people, children or other animals. Fortunately, we found a home with her being completely honest about her issues..

We got blindsided by her original owners, who lied about everything.

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she has a new owner, one with no pets. I don't even trust regular pit bulls around other cats or dogs without extreme supervision not because I dislike pit bulls but because as terriers they chase cats (or any other small moving objects) and as pit bulls they are dog aggressive. i love pit bulls and if I did not want more than one dog I'd get a pit, but I want at least two dogs and maybe a cat so it would not work out for me

I'm very sad the other dog got pregnant, how sad. I hope she can find homes for all the pups. Some people should learn a lot more before owning a certain pet.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad the other pup was rehomed and the kits get to keep there little toes! Just wanted to share.... I had actually adopted a pit during the summer and was told how great she was with cats. the womans was worried cuz she was about to get pts so lied to me. A friend and I drove all the way to NJ to get her from RI. Guess what? She wanted to eat my cats like I've never seen in my life. I knew cuz of her breed if I brought her to a shelter around here she'd be pts in a heart beat. seperation was very hard from the cats. got her in july and she wasn't rehomed till sept(which is a long time when you have 4 cats she wants to eat). In a wonderful home now. She was great other then that one....HUGE thing.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

Glad the other pup was rehomed and the kits get to keep there little toes! Just wanted to share.... I had actually adopted a pit during the summer and was told how great she was with cats. the womans was worried cuz she was about to get pts so lied to me. A friend and I drove all the way to NJ to get her from RI. Guess what? She wanted to eat my cats like I've never seen in my life. I knew cuz of her breed if I brought her to a shelter around here she'd be pts in a heart beat. seperation was very hard from the cats. got her in july and she wasn't rehomed till sept(which is a long time when you have 4 cats she wants to eat). In a wonderful home now. She was great other then that one....HUGE thing.
I'm so glad you were able to find a new home for her before she hurt your kitties... Gosh (in place of a stronger exemplative here), it makes me *so* mad that people will lie to get their dog taken.... I had the exact same thing happen to me, and to my dismay, one of my cats didn't make it. That story is under Crossing the Bridge, so I won't go into detail. I'm so happy that you were more fortunate.