Foreign Metal Object in Canned Food!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very scary piece of metal there. Please keep us posted with what happens. Many vibes for your sweet kitty.

I will definitely be looking closer at any can food Riley eats from now on.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww we hope your kitties will be okay
Please keep us updated!

Can't believe there would be metal in canned food! We are definitely going to be more observant with our wet food. Jeesh! It suppose to be a happy feeling feeding canned food...

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!
I hope your kitties are ok.
I would be so angry. NB should cover your bills for that.

I will have to tell my hubby that it's not crazy that I mash up the cats' food with a fork before feeding. I've never found plastic or metal or glass in their food, but I once bought some Fancy Feast that the batch had large, hard pieces of bone in it. I was glad I caught it before feeding the guys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your support, the last three days have been so stressful, I'm glad to know that my boys are in your thoughts

Otto was taken to the vet again yesterday for dehydration. He is still having trouble keeping down food. We've got him on an antiacid which seems to be working. Since my vet is closed on Wednesdays, we'll be taking him to the emergency vet if there are any changes in his condition today.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If those metal objects were found in human food, you would see how fast those cans would be recalled and taken off the shelves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The FDA is now working on the situation; it took so long to get ahold of a real human being! I've got the old food in the freezer waiting for them. I'll let you all know what comes of this.

Otto is doing much better. I just found him wrestling with his brother, so I hope this is a sign that he is back to normal.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! I hope they are getting better. Give them hugs from me, and let me know if I can help with anything.