Foreign Language requirement

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Although I agree about the Spanish, Tanya, not because it's easy, but because it would more likely come in handy, but I would absolutely enjoy going with the sign language! I had learned a lot a while back studying on my own, but taking a class would be great! This would have the advantage of seeing it actually in use unlike what you could learn from a book!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so torn as to what to do!

I checked out the syllabus for the spanish class online today and all I can say is WHEW! He is one tough professor who assigns a lot of work.

I read about the sign language professor on ratemyprofessor.com and she has the best reviews I have ever seen. Someone actually said that when they leave a 3 hour class with her, they aren't ready to go... they leave wanting to learn more. Who says that?

I have been thinking a lot about which would be more useful in a hospital setting. Of course spanish will come in handy, but wouldn't I pretty much always be able to find someone who knows spanish, especially in a hospital? Wouldn't it be harder to find someone who knows sign language?

I guess I am leaning towards really wanting to do the sign language... but as Karen mentioned, I feel like I need to make a more practical decision, and it seems that spanish overall is more practical.