For Those with Toilet Paper Loving Cats...

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was looking on this site for something to lock our bi-fold doors with (to keep Spooky out since he knows how to open them). I found something that is supposed to keep pets from unrolling the paper! One of the reviews said it helped with the scratching/shredding problem too, but I have never tried it so I don't know. We don't have this problem around here anymore, but I thought I'd share if you do!

http://www.kidsafeinc.com/product/48...per-Guard.html

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put my rolls on backwards and I guess they thought that was to much energy wasted as they stopped...cool link tho

nutrolori

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is a nifty product. When we first got Chester years ago he was a toilet paper and paper towel shredder. Over the years he stopped that but it was always an interesting site when we would leave and come home to the paper surprise!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would probably work for the less determined cats. If the rolls don't unroll Sherman will put a paw on each end of the roll and start tearing at it.
I have to be careful of bringing in new toilet paper in. If we set it down (to go bring other stuff inside) he will eye it up and try to get into it to shred them.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not sure if this would stop my cats or not
. They don't just unroll it, they...well, I'm not sure just what they do to it. Sometimes it's still on the roll, but it's like it's been bitten all the way thru. Whatever, I still might try this out. I've tried putting the roll in a small box next to the toilet...that didn't work...they figured out how to get it out in nothing flat. We try to keep the doors closed, but sometimes they sneak in there when we aren't looking (like in the middle of the night when it's dark and we're in there ourselves
). Then we can't close the door because we'd be locking them IN! CATS! Can't live with 'em, can't live without em

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For awhile Spooky and Mulder unrolled the paper but didn't shred it when we lived at my apartment. I had to keep it in a special basket on the back of the toilet, or under the cabinet. I guess they were bored there because once we moved to somewhere more interesting they stopped that completely.

Mulder will still go after the packs of TP if you set them on the floor/table/anywhere he can reach when you bring them in, but its to chew on the plastic that its wrapped in. He's OCD about chewing plastic, but he will chew the paper underneath at the same time. So when the TP comes in, it goes straight into the closet.

kittymcg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boy is obsessed with the stuff, I think I will invest in one of these

It won't stop him stealling tissues from my handbag but will deal with his bathroom issue!