for those with Migraines

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ Sound has never bothered me, I usually turn some music on to help me relax. And I find everyones descriptions of feeling -pillows being too hard, etc - to be odd. Never had that problem.
Smells and light do though. If you can cover your bedroom windows it can help some. Also, a cold wash cloth or two on your forehead and neck could help.

tomfarr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used to get migraines when I was young, before high school. They would reach a point where I would get sick to my stomach, and as soon as I regurgitated the headache was completely gone! Clear as a bell!

Some time around high school, though, the migraines gave way to epilepsy, first though petit-mal seizures, where I would loose my peripheral vision. It was not diagnosed until I had my first grand-mal seizure. I have been fortunate to have lived a fairly normal life, controlled by medication and good sleep habits.

I have not read all of the replies here, but I saw one of the first talked about pain in the upper spine or shoulder. I had never considered the spine as part of the brain before, but apparently there is a lot to consider, as around 2000, the neurologists started giving me CT scans or MRI's of my spine, as well as my head. I was confused at first, but apparently the brain doesn't stop at the neck!

I am now 51, and I am noticing more sensitivity to bright light at night. Driving is getting to be a real pain after dark.
I am happy to report that I have been seizure-free since 2000!

But I am afraid I have no solution for your distress, original poster...
While I am impressed with the strides made in seizure control, I don't know how they do it. Either figure out what is wrong with something as complex as the human CNS, or create a compound to counteract it!

I am currently on Depakote. It is also used for Bi-Polar disorder.
You might ask your doctor if it can be used for migraines?

Good luck. At least you have a cat to pet...

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My migraines are always in the front of my head and they make me sick. I get them from bright light. Every time I go to cat shows I get one. I think it is from the florescent lights in the buildings. I also get them a few times a week staring at the computer screen. I think those are caused from the light coming in from the window.

I have just started using Excedrin. Those pills do seem to work so far. I thought I was going to have to get something from my doctor but so far Excedrin does the trick.