For those of you with Tuxedo cats

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My tuxedo Uno loves water. She is fasinated with the shower, toilet and the sinks. I don't think it is a Tuxedo thing as she has taught her two kittens and they are now just like her and they are both grey tabby and white.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Carmen loves watching little fishes in the fish tank swirling around.

All of my black and tuxedo cats love water. It used to be we cannot flush a toilet in peace.

mongo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Twiggy doesn't really like water but lately she has been sitting in the sink, which has a drippy faucet.

My other cat LOVES to drink out of the faucet, so I wonder if she pciked it up from him.

Twiggy is a tux cat and Newbie is a tabby.

nelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My two B&W Tuxedo girls, Lucy and Ethel, could not care one bit less about water. Lucy might get in the shower with me, if not for the sprinkles, because she follows me everywhere else.

Gone-but-not-forgotten B & W tuxies Jelly and Pudley were also NOT fond of water.

On the other hand, our silver tabby Izzy loves it and plays in the sink. Our brown tabby Ricky Bobby uses his polydactyl paws to shovel the toilet water onto the floor and himself when he finds the opportunity.

Finally, my dearly departed Elvis, grey tabby tuxie, would sit on the side of the tub and threaten to hop in with me. He poked around with his paws, but I was afraid he would shred me if he ever really got in!

I suppose it is a personality thing, not a color/pattern issue. It is interesting how many kitties do like or don't mind water - kind of throws
cold water
on that myth, huh?