For those of you with tattoos... how much did it cost?

winter hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

The best artists charge by the hour, the lesser experienced/lesser talented ones usually charge by the piece size.
What she said.......
I currently have 8 in various locations on my torso. I have one more in mind that will probably take between 6 and 8 hours to do. Three of the ones that I already have have taken 6 to 8 hours to complete also. We have a GREAT local artist that charges $450.00 for as long as you can take it. Believe me after about 4 hours the feeling starts to come back and THAT is where the REAL pain begins. It is however........bearable.....for me anyways. I think that 8 hours is about MY personal limit at one sitting. What really takes the time is doing small detail......but then.....that is what really makes a tattoo a work of art. I did get to meet Kat Von D this past spring at a Tattoo Expo and I hope that someday I can afford to let her push some ink into my skin. She is one VERY TALENTED young lady.

Winter Hawk

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, WinterHawk, you're tougher than me - the longest I was able to stand it (with the help of a painkiller that will remain unnamed) was 5 1/2 hours at one sitting.

I agree that 3-4 hours is generally all a person should sit for because after that - ouchie-wowchie!!!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two tattoos... A scorpion holding a rose which cost me about $75 dollars.. it's about 2 1/2 inch long and 1 1/2 inches wide (LOTS OF COLOR)... Then I have angel wings on my back with angel in cursive,, it's about 5 inches long, and 2 inchs tall, it cost me about $80,, not as much color though..

I wanna get another one,, I just don't know where.. I want to get one about my daughter,, with my husband intertwined into it.. I was thinkin about either a mermaid or something like that since she lovesss mermaids.. I dunno know...

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok - no tattoos but just to clarify (I have my Timmies so this all makes perfect sense to me!)

Penny- .01

Nickle- .05

Dime- .10

Quarter .25

Loonie / Dollar $1

Toonie $2

and then our paper money is colour coded
(they have changed the designs slightly but the colours are the same)

When I first moved here I refused to spend any $10 notes because it was purple money and was pretty so had to stay in my purse - it isn't as amusing anymore!

luv my puddins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my first (an orchid with tribalwork on my right foot.. 4 x 2 inches) was $140.00
it took the artist nearly 2.5 hours to complete. i'm thinking it was because he was new to the craft *EEEK*

my second.. ( a cat face framed by vines on my left foot .. 2 x 3 inches) was $75.00
it took about 45 minutes for that one.

i'm ready for another