For those of you who use World's Best litter ... please help!

meowfrau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you prefer the Forest Scented or the Lavender? And why? Thanks in advance!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Personally, I won't use any litter that is scented.

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WBCL did not work out for me. i used the unscented one, and the lavender one. neither did anything for odor control. 

i can tell you that the lavender scented one might be the worst choice to go with. fresh out of the bag it smells really nice, like an earthy lavender garden, however, the lavender sent mixes with the smell of you cats' waste, and then turns into this horrendous smell that doesn't go away, even after airing out the room, and cleaning the litter box.

so i would not recommend the lavender scented one. 

check out amazon for reviews on specifically the WBCL lavender scented one. many others have had the same complaint. the lavender scented one is a bit strong.

the unscented WBCL, was not truly unscented. it had a bit of an earthy smell to it, but nothing all that noticeable, and it did nothing for odor control. neither of them did.

i personally don't like WBCL, but if you are trying to explore that brand, i would suggest trying with the forest scented one, and see how that works out for you. if you're able to smell any of the different varieties before buying it, that would be best, because i feel the scented ones are strongly scented, and not only would that affect you, the human, but maybe your cat won't like that smell...and this might cause issues with the litter box (as it did for me)

good luck!

oceanbreathes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had to buy the lavender one before as they didn't have enough of the MultiCat unscented.  I didn't care for the smell and I avoid scented litters.  Cats have a very strong sense of smell and using scented litters can lead to litter box avoidance.  It's unfortunate that cat litter companies put these products out.  I saw Blue Buffalo is now doing scented litters as well.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used the WBCL when the girls first came home from the shelter. I tried the lavender and the unscented. I have to agree with most everyone else. It does not do much for odor control. I tried it because I read that it worked best with the Omega Paw litter box. It clumps great but the odor control thing mixed with the price ended up being a deal breaker. I found that Cat's Pride does a much better job at odor control, works just as well with the OP litter box and is much cheaper.