For those of you that decorate....

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
For those of you that decorate for the holidays when do you take down your decorations?

I've already seen plenty of people take them down and trees out along the street. I'm always on teh later end. I enjoy the glow of the lights and will keep things up until around mid January. I have an artificial tree.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in Colorado so we, and a lot of people, leave the lights up until after the National Western Stock Show that is the second week of January :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick really likes the tree, so whenever he decides, usually around the first or second week of January. I do the kitchen the day after New Year’s Day. There is not much in the kitchen this year, so it won’t take long.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually like to try and get things down and put away (at least mostly) before I go back to work. This year I go back on the 3rd so I'll probably put stuff away one the 1st or 2nd.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Usually after the 1st week in January. Most of our neighbors talk about the people who leave their outdoor decorations/lights up past January. :biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Usually after the 1st week in January. Most of our neighbors talk about the people who leave their outdoor decorations/lights up past January. :biggrin:
I should probably clarify I do take down the outdoor ones but leave out the indoor ones. :flail:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Took mine down today and this is actually later than usual. Most of the time it is day after Christmas.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started taking off some ornaments today. Our trash pickup isn't until next Wednesday because it's being put off for the holiday, but our tree is getting dry and the girls keep messing with the ornaments, so I just want to get rid of at least some of the distraction.

I don't want to take down my nativity yet, though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Never before January 6th. Except the year we had an early birthday party for DD. Christmas just doesn’t go with Strawberry Shortcake and Hello Kitty. Plus we had extra kids over. :crazy:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep my outdoor lights up until spring when I can actually get a ladder out there, but I still keep them turned on until maybe late January because I like them. It gets dark so early that having the lights come on at 4pm (when the timer turns them on) is something I look forward to. For indoor decor, I will keep them up until sometime in early January depending on when I'm motivated to deal with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My indoor decorations are still up. :lol:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Epiphany is when the wise men reached the baby Jesus so I usualy start taking them down after that. I don't put up that many anyways. They are too tempting for Indy for one thing. I usualy end up with at least one smashed or torn up or missing orniment each year thanks to her.