For those of you having cold and snowy weather

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly I've always lived in the northern Midwest (or East...where ever you put Michigan and Illinois). I have wondered what its like to wear shorts on Christmas Day.
I mean breaking my back while shoveling snow, getting my civic snow plowed by SUVs that decide their AWD is GOD compared to snow, slush and ice and having to walk like my grandma on a sheet of ice to get to my car...as crazy as it sounds I think I would miss it. LOL.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We celebrated Christmas for 2 years in Liberia, W. Africa.... I loved the people and the time we were there.....and although we went swimming in the ocean on Christmas day, (and dad took movies of it to send back to gloat about it to the family here in Michigan)... I have to say that one thing remember missing was snowy Michigan over the holidays!
Linda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, I'm not used to snow, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. I would love to experience a White Christmas. However, usually at Christmas it's more of a beach day than a snow day. They've upped the forecast a bit for the week. It's supposed to be about 85 on Christmas day. I think tomorrow is supposed to be the coolest day of the week, and it should be about 71 degrees.

As far as compared to Modesto goes, it gets a lot cooler up there in the winter, and you get a lot more rain in the winter than we do down here. However, I don't think it gets as hot in the summer here in LA as it gets in Modesto, because isn't Modest a bit inland? We can get temps that are in the 90's and even triple digits, but the triple digits usually only happen a few days out of the summer. It's usually in the upper 80's and the lower 90's, and a bit cooler than that when you're on the beach.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Um... a few nights ago it was -29 degrees with windchill... nothing for it but to curl up with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa and my kitties! (My s/o calls me frost princess because my feet are never warm)