For those of us with office jobs...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you kidding?

I'm at work right now and I'm distracted by TCS... It would be worse at home

Knowing me I would see one of the kittens curled up on the bed, get sleepy and end up taking a nap with them

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. I do it once a week, and I love it. Part of my job is designing training programs, so it's great to have a day where I can totally focus on it and not be distracted by all the stuff going on in the office. My only problem is that I get too focused sometimes and forget to take breaks or work way more than 8 hours.

Tailer loves it, too. He spends most of the day sitting between me and the keyboard.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

...Tailer loves it, too. He spends most of the day sitting between me and the keyboard.
That's my Clydie's favorite spot -- and he has such long, lonnng legs, there's just nowhere to put them but right across my keyboard. Drives me crazy! Ah, but he gazes up at me with those beautiful sea-green eyes and I can deny him nothing...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by roxsam

I could be disciplined enough to get all my work done everyday...it just wouldn't take 8 hours to do it and it wouldn't be all at one sitting!!
i'd get everything done... but i wouldn't necessarily do it in the time alloted... sometimes less time, sometimes more.
'course, doesn't apply to me, since i'm not an office worker!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I often work from home and love it, but my job is flexible enough that I know when there are lulls etc and sometimes I have to do a 12 hour day at home and others I do 5-6.

I do get distracted at times, but I am often distracted by people at work too and I find I am more productive at home as I do not have the silly work stuff (like do you know where the paperclips are questions) breaking my concentration.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I would
this option. I work well alone and am good at keeping myself on track. Some days I really hate going into a cold stuffy office for long hours on end away from my house where those I love live, stuck behind walls without fake lights minus opportunities to go smelling the real outdoors and taking walks, it feels like a type of cruelty for me on some days to be so far away from my loved ones behind cubes or walls indoors in the cold, even if I do like my job, which I do - I need more flexibility and work well working at home!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can you make a poll option for this thread?