For Sicy- here is my life in snapshots

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy

It amazes me the couple who lived here before raised 5 kids here! With one bathroom- and there were no murders!
When I was growing up I lived near a family that raised 10 kids... in a rather small house with 1 bathroom. And six of the kids were girls, oi!

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hissy
I envy you - horses absolutely terrify me, have been on one once, was not found of being what felt like 30 stories up. I love to photo them and stroke them but it takes a lot of understanding from the owners to coax me to get that near.
Wonder if there is a phobia for people who are scared witless of horses.
However, can look at them all day - keep em coming
Kev

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
kev-

I can understand your fear completely. I was riding Racer in the back pasture and we had just finished a good gallop. I brought him in by the barn, it was starting to get windy. As I swung my leg over him to dismount, at that very minute, a gust blew over an aluminum ladder my neighbor had leaning against a tree, and the pasture gate flew open. Racer spooked, and rather than vault off him, I tried to climb back on him to stop him. Last thing I remember was clinging to his neck before i slid off and hit my head on the woodpile. Besides a concussion, I suffered other injuries including biting my tongue so severely that they had to stitch it closed!

I don't ride my horses anymore. I play with them, train them and I drive them (which means harnessing them to a cart, for people who think I mean that I stuff them in my car and ride around the block with them)

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
.....for people who think I mean that I stuff them in my car and ride around the block with them)
ROTFL!! I spewed my coffee on that one - now there's a visual waiting to happen!

Your spooked Racer story... My Goodness!! I am SO glad you survived that - I know it could have been much worse...

....and your property, WOW! Just gorgeous! Hey, when does it start cooling down over there, Maryanne?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Jellybelly
I can't handle one bath, I swear my hubby lives in it!

I think we can have the Cat Site Fair at your place, we could camp out on your 4 acres, put up a couple of port-a-potties and we're good to go!
Let's call it Cat's stock! I'll bring the apple pie!

I love your home (especially the kitties, horsie and Jacuzzi gazebo!).

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
MA, how beautiful your property is and how lucky your fur babies and other pets are to live with you there. It looks like you and your hubby have done a ton of work! What else do you have planned?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are still remodeling- and we are doing everything ourselves so it is taking a reeeeeeeeeeally long time.
Plus with both of us not technically working- other than our knife shop it is taking even longer. We have added 900 square feet to our 45 year old farmhouse, that includes a master bedroom, master bath, large dining room, and larger kitchen and laundry room/entry way. We have built two new well houses, a hay barn, horse stalls and tack room. Torn down 4 outbuildings that had spiders in them big enough to swallow Manhatten, built a bridge over our creek, so we can get back and forth easier and sunk in a culvert to stop the massive flooding during the rainy season. Yes, a lot of work for two people! We also put in new septic tanks and horse fencing so if the horses do get out of the pasture they cannot get off our property.

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA, you are living in my dream world. I looove the country and grew up in it. Horses are my favorite animals of all time. I love horseback riding. I swear there is nothing as wonderful feeling as crouching low on a horse while galloping and letting the wind blow through your hair.

They are so majestic and breathtaking.

Oregon is the most beautiful state I've ever been in. It was so green when I went up there and the seasonal changes is so envious. California pretty much has one season. Spring/Summer. I don't think I've ever seen anything as green as Oregon.

I plan to live there one day.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well just bring a lot of money the state land/property tax will kill you!

skykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MaryAnne, your place is absolutely gorgeous! You have 5 Acres? Must be great, I know and understand what you mean about a 1 bathroom house, that drove me nuts. As you said, hubby was always in it! LOL

I escaped from the city life 3 years ago and live on 40 Acres of nothing but trees. This time the house has 3 bathrooms! Sigh What a relief! LOL I guess the taxes for the US are much different our taxes up here are really super cheap compared to what we paid in the city!

Anyways, I just wanted to comment on your beautiful peace of heavan!

April

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MA - thank you so much for sharing your "space" with us! It's beautiful, and the efforts of your work are incredible.

Gary and I have dreamed of our own property (40+ acres) - but it has always been a daunting prospect for us because of the work involved. ...apart from not having the money for it, LOL! I really admire your ability to actually DO that kind of stuff! My gut here is that it is rewarding and frustrating at the same time. And you always seem to be here - I can't imagine when you find the time! Kudos to you and Mike - you're doing a great and enviable job!!!!!

It is very dreamlike in the pictures, MA. It seems like a lovely place to wake up in, head outside for that first cup of coffee or tea in the morning... and just stand back and admire the sunrise. ESPECIALLY surrounded by kitties on the hunt.....