For Ros

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I brought Ros home to foster on March 31. Yesterday, I said goodbye...I wish she were here with me, but I hope she is better wherever she is now.

Ros was a gorgeous 17 year old tortie. I saw her show up at the shelter I foster for and I asked them more about her. They told me she had CKD and needed daily fluids. I thought my own 17-year old CKD cat who passed away last year being in a shelter and I couldn't stand the idea of a cat that old not being in a home with a family. So I asked to bring her home to care for and love for all the time she had left. I fell in love with her at first sight.

Her first day here, she made herself right at home. She was barely more than skin and bones but was so full of affection. She explored the whole house and head bumped me and my partner, seeking us out for attention. I felt that from her first reaction, she was desperate for love and attention and based on the story of her past, it sounds like she was sadly neglected. She settled right in and found the heated bed her first day and it became her favorite place to be from then on. If she wasn't in the heated bed, Ros loved curling up on our laps and getting scratches and pets. She was a very dainty girl but her purr was enormous and so full of love.

When she was feeling well, she followed us around (though she hardly went upstairs, only a couple of times) and got especially curious in the kitchen! She liked to sit right behind me on the kitchen mat while I cooked. I had to be very careful not to step on her and we had a few close calls! I ended up getting her a collar with a bell so I could hear her sneak up on me. Sometimes I narrated my cooking to her and pretended she was my audience on a cooking show. She liked to inquire about our food when we ate, trying to stick her nose into our dishes. She had a particular interest in mandarins!

She was usually quiet but she had an adorable trilly meow. She always got a little bit of food stuck on her nosey after eating. I teased her she was saving it for later. Most of the time, she slept in her heated bed, but sometimes she seemed to watch TV or video games. When I worked in the garden, she watched me through the window.

She had days of doing worse and days of doing better, and we did what we could. This weekend, she developed a puffy rear foot/leg and abdominal fluids despite being dehydrated. We don't really know what went wrong, but there was nothing they could do. Eventually, I knew, we would have to say goodbye...but that doesn't mean it was easy. I feel terrible and wish we had more time with this darling girl and saying goodbye broke my heart.

I hope she knows how much I loved her in one short month. I hope she left this world with some happy memories and the comfort of a mom she didn't have before she was rescued. I hope she's free and happy and has all the warmth and laps she could ever want. We love you, Rozzie, our little sweetpea.

ros.JPG

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hope she knows how much I loved her in one short month. I hope she left this world with some happy memories and the comfort of a mom she didn't have before she was rescued. I hope she's free and happy and has all the warmth and laps she could ever want.
She does, she did and she is.

Bless you.

RIP sweetheart :hearthrob::rbheart::hearthrob::sunshine::hearthrob:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Roz, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

For one glorious month, Roz lived, breathed and had her being wrapped in your love. Cats are very zen...in many ways, "now" is "forever" to them. When you took Roz into your home, you became her "forever." Nothing before mattered anymore, just that wonderful, warm, loving "now-forever." This is the deepest Truth I know, that love never dies. It is translated and purified into Love and continues on. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she sends her Love back to you, to walk beside you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Sometimes I narrated my cooking to her and pretended she was my audience on a cooking show.
I love this! :hearthrob:

Ros was so, so lucky to have landed in your loving home. She was able to end her life being warm, cared for and so, so loved. It was a wonderful thing for you to take her in, even knowing your heart would be broken sooner rather than later when she passed.

Rest in peace now, sweet Ros. :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your kind words. It means so much. I wanted her to be remembered and share her story with others. :hearthrob:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 this made me cry all over again but thank you so so much. It really means so much and I hope my love for her lasts forever and wipes away any and all bad memories.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, she is grateful for your love and attention, you made her last days those of love and a family. i wish you could have had more time with her too, I am so glad you took her out of the shelter. She deserved it and you will be blessed for your act of kindness and charity towards a beautiful little one in need.
To be remembered and loved after death is a treasure, she entered your heart in that short time and you are all the richer for it. The bond of love you built over that short span of time will always be with you, love is spiritual, so eternal. She will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. The beautiful tribute you wrote her lets us all feel like we know that beautiful girl, she will be mourned by many who read this and thought of.
It hurts so bad when they leave us, but knowing you brought some sunshine into her life will help with the grieving, her tiny soul is at peace because of the love you gave her. May God bless you all giving her what she so desperately wanted.....RIP precious Ros. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your comforting words. It really helps.

I'm doing ok and I know I did a good thing but my heart still hurts... I started her entry in my foster cats/kittens scrapbook, I'm just waiting for the photos to be printed and arrive. I will place her fur clipping in there, too, so I can always remember and treasure this lovely little girl.