For every woman who ever feels inadequate...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do too! The pose is already provocative enough -- but the retouching makes the girl look downright trashy, and I hate to see childhood brought to such an early end.

Retouching isn't always a bad thing, of course -- the photographer who took the author photo for my father's book (coming out next year) did an outstanding job of softening the scars from my father's skin cancer surgeries.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It just makes me so sad knowing that girls everywhere are seeing these pics that are basically mutilated and they try so hard to look like these false images. I'll admit that from time to time I see an actress/model/singer and think to myself wow she has beautiful legs or such a cute nose but deep down I know that I can't afford the plastic surgeon or the personal trainer or diet expert they can. I live in the real world where after working 8 hours attending my meetings Mon, Wed and thurs nights a pizza is all I can muster up the energy to get for dinner. But I'm ok with that. My SO tells me all the time how sexy he finds me and how beautiful I am.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnneRiceBowl

I've seen the Dove video. I've known about "airbrushing" for a long time. I've seen magazine pictures so touched up that the texture of the models skin looks very fake. Look closely next time you pick up a magazine, and you'll see what I mean. It's moreso apparent in men's magazines.

Here's an even better example of how retouched and altered models' pics can be:
*WARNING* Naked bottom.
Oh my goodness! I haven't seen that video before! Really amazing!

It is terribly sad how women see themselves
I hope times change and HEALTHY women with some meat on their bones are seen as the sexy women!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think the whole skinny stick thing started with fashion designers who found it was easier to design fashion for hangers than real women.

I know how women take these idealized visions and become dysfunctional. I've never really heard the male side of it. Are they looking for perfect unachievable women or do they find us attractive in our own skins?