FOR ELLY -- "Just Jimmy"

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok elly, All these were taken during the dark. Some of them had to be lightened so you could see him. He is a night owl....

What you will notice about him is in not one single picture is he looking at me. He is comfortable with me. 100 percent. He is more interested in the new stuff and in the night noises than in me. Which is how it should be...

this following link is his last update a few years ago. He has come a long way!! Some that are trying to tame adult ferals might find it an interesting read.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90779

He is checking out the new stuff I put in there.

He's a pretty boy!

Look at all the eyes? I said "hey kitty kitty" and they all looked up...Actually thought there are alot of odd noises in the woods tonight. Everyone is out and listening.

Here he is ready to pounce on JJ..

but he decided to love on him instead.. Everybody loves JJ. He knocked poor JJ over he loved on him so hard.

And they all love their water corner. Thank God..

His cute hind leg.

and last for tonight!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pawsitively beautiful boy
. All of the cats are very pretty in your pictures. I love the orange/white boy. What is his name? I also read the story about your Jimmy. What an inspiring story and will be so helpful to many on this forum. Thanks for sharing, your cats are very happy kitties

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, Jenn, thanks so much.
Jimmy is as handsome as ever and looks so happy and relaxed. I can't believe it's been five years since you adopted him. Your patience definitely paid off and is such an inspiration to others working to earn the trust of a feral cat. Jimmy is definitely thriving in your care. I'll have to send a few of the recent pics to his former foster mom, Millie. She wanted me to tell that she still feeds and sees Jimmy's mother, Jasmine, regularly at the site where Jimmy was born and spent the first few months of his life. Jasmine is thriving too and happy in the place she considers home.

Thanks again for the pictures. You made my day!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw your kitties are wonderful. You sure take good care of them. I love the one with all the eyes in the dark.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh look at them! LOVE the water corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jimmy looks FABULOUS! I still can't get over how much he and Tuxie look alike, down to the black wrap around the front left leg.

Oh they really are in kitty paradise!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he and Tux look so much alike they could be twins..... I have always thought that.. You need to post another pic of him just for comparison sake "one more time"

And Feralvr, the orange and white boy is named Buddy. We started feeding him when we bought our house in Missouri. The first year before we moved in while I was working there he was a skinny scared stray. We have fed him for 5 years so when we moved back to Arkansas, i brought him with me. He is a very dominate boy with the cats but he absolutely loves to be held and cuddled. He was never feral, but he was a very scared stray. Since we were feeding him, we trapped him, got him fixed and then turned him back loose. He had a big house on our porch that he loved and he would be gone days at a time and then come home and hang out for a week or so then he would head off again.

But there were some mean people in the area where we lived in Missouri and he was abused twice that we are aware of but we could not prove who actually did it since he technically had no owners.. The first time we were aware of it was when Buddy (our name for him) came to us with "Liquid Nails" all over his head. We had to cut, shave and wash his head. It was very difficult to remove but he cooperated and knew we were trying to help him. Thank god it missed his eyes and ear canals.He recovered totally from that. That was a few years ago.

The other time -- he showed up to eat with some sort of liquid poured all over his back. We never could figure out what it was but it stripped all the hair from him and he was slick and bald for 6 months over his entire back from neck to tail. dI kept lotion on him so he would not dry out and kept him inside until he had a wee bit of stubble because I was afraid he would get sunburned. We scrubbed him with soap and he was in no pain and had no trauma.to his back. It was just bare skin. He was just hairless. We think someone poured Nair over him or some other type of hair remover. Part of his hair has never came back and it's been a year. He doesn't appear to have scar tissue but whatever it was destroyed the hair follicles. We brought him in the house at that point because we were afraid for him safety so we kept him inside with us. He does not like being a house cat. He likes the great outdoors so he loves this enclosure.

And when I moved to Arkansas, he came with me.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OOO, I need to add. Elly, I am soooooo glad Jasmine is doing well.
I remember you guys thinking she had a stroke at one time. I am so happy to hear she is ok now. Tell Milly that Jimbo is fine!!

How is Jimmy's sister doing? Do you ever hear about her? I think it was a sister (a little pun....).

jc

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

Yes, he and Tux look so much alike they could be twins..... I have always thought that.. You need to post another pic of him just for comparison sake "one more time"

And Feralvr, the orange and white boy is named Buddy. We started feeding him when we bought our house in Missouri. The first year before we moved in while I was working there he was a skinny scared stray. We have fed him for 5 years so when we moved back to Arkansas, i brought him with me. He is a very dominate boy with the cats but he absolutely loves to be held and cuddled. He was never feral, but he was a very scared stray. Since we were feeding him, we trapped him, got him fixed and then turned him back loose. He had a big house on our porch that he loved and he would be gone days at a time and then come home and hang out for a week or so then he would head off again.

But there were some mean people in the area where we lived in Missouri and he was abused twice that we are aware of but we could not prove who actually did it since he technically had no owners.. The first time we were aware of it was when Buddy (our name for him) came to us with "Liquid Nails" all over his head. We had to cut, shave and wash his head. It was very difficult to remove but he cooperated and knew we were trying to help him. Thank god it missed his eyes and ear canals.He recovered totally from that. That was a few years ago.

The other time -- he showed up to eat with some sort of liquid poured all over his back. We never could figure out what it was but it stripped all the hair from him and he was slick and bald for 6 months over his entire back from neck to tail. dI kept lotion on him so he would not dry out and kept him inside until he had a wee bit of stubble because I was afraid he would get sunburned. We scrubbed him with soap and he was in no pain and had no trauma.to his back. It was just bare skin. He was just hairless. We think someone poured Nair over him or some other type of hair remover. Part of his hair has never came back and it's been a year. He doesn't appear to have scar tissue but whatever it was destroyed the hair follicles. We brought him in the house at that point because we were afraid for him safety so we kept him inside with us. He does not like being a house cat. He likes the great outdoors so he loves this enclosure.

And when I moved to Arkansas, he came with me.
That is just a terrible story and I feel very sorry Buddy had that happen to him. But, am thankful for you that you saved him. He is a very good looking boy. If you get a chance I would love a close up picture of his cute face
. This story is one of the MANY reasons I am so against letting pet cats outdoors. There are so many cruel people out there who would stop at nothing to abuse a loose cat. My neighbor lost a cat (this was about five years ago) because someone poured anti-freeze all over the cat. By the time the kitty made it back home, she had licked too much off and she had to be PTS. She was a friendly cat and probably walked right up to the psycho perps. AND to top this off, that same neighbor has since had two more cats whom she lets roam outside as well. I don't get that...
. Last summer her "new" cat was out under my daughter's car in the driveway, and we had a family of fox living in our neighborhood. Well, mama fox was circling the car in my driveway hoping to get the cat to run out so she could kill it. I ran out there and shooed the fox away and got the cat out from under the car and carried her to my neighbor's house and rang the doorbell. She opened up the door and had this look of panic because I was holding her cat. I told her what happenned and she was very laid back about it and said, oh she would have been fine, she would have ran up a tree
. She just doesn't seem to care and I try to reason with her about the safety of Lizzy being outside like this and bring up what happenned to her other cat.
It's just no use.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't remember Buddy's story... but he found his way to the right home!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????????????????????????????????????????

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

And here's Tuxie:

Tuxie's front right leg is white, but he's even got the little strip of black on his back left!
UHHHH - seriously, Tuxie and Jimmy...... TWINS...... and their facial bone structure are the same. They could do those stand in's for a kitty movie for eachother
Just identical boys and very handsome

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG...... they are so much alike.... If I didn't ktnow better, I might think Jimmy was sneaking off to your house!!!!!

TUXIE IS BEAUTIFULLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy even holds his tail like that. I tell him he has a question mark tail because he is so full of kitty questions about human life....hahaha

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are so funny....... I just love you!!! Of course Tux is beautiful..... of course....

And also Feralv -- Here is a closeup of Buddy. I took it just now.. This is his first online pic!!!

Here's his toughface.... Another cat was butting into his camera time!! Buddy shows that face and they all give him a wide berth. He has his bluff in and most of mine are pretty passive and playful. They are relaxed. But he is a serious chap most of the time.

Isn't he sweet?..... haha... Actually he is one tough tomcat! He lived in the woods for years taking care of himself but would eat on our porch as well sometimes. I always kept stuff out but he prefers the great outdoors. He know how to survive around bobcats, snakes and coyotes and abusive people. But he was not feral. He was dumped because after he finally let us get near him -- he was a lover. he rubs our legs, purrs and on cold winter night like to sleep as close as he possibly can to you under the covers.

It is amazing that he still has love and trust in his heart but he does. And an abundance at that.

Let's see.. how old is he? We bought our house in Missouri I think in 2006. I think. I'll have to look and see when I adopted Jimmy. It's been about 5 yrs ago and Buddy was a scrawny young cat around 6-8 months old when we bought that house. So he has to be about 6 now. It took us a year to get him to the vet and get him fixed. He would not come near us. When he finally did, like I said, when he finally made his mind up, he was all over us. Not feral, just scared of us. I actually placed him in a crate and he rode to the vet like a champ. Loved the vet and and all the people there. I kept him in for 24 hrs against his will. He hated it and couldn't wait to get back outside. He was gone a week when he got out. Then he just made weekly or bi-weekly trips to our house to get full, brushed and frontlined which was new to him. When he first let me pet him, he was covered in deer ticks. But when he decided we were ok, he lay real still and let me get them all off, doctor him and frontline him. He is something else. I have never seen a cat like him before.

He gets in these moods sometimes where everything bothers him. He sits and growls at the air. So to help him, I give him canned cat food. He gobbles it up and then I wrap him in a blanket and he will lay there and purr all wrapped up and swaddled... I'm not sure if he is bluffing or if he has me trained well as his human.

jc

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much for posting those photos of Buddy. I am so in love with his face and his story. What a great cat. His face is absolutely adorable and those markings are striking. Well, he certainly has you trained with the growling up in the air trick. He growls and you bring him wet food

You should right a story about Jimmy. I have always wanted to write a children's series on my JRT dog Wilbur who is quite ill now. He is twelve but has had a mutiple of health issues over the last five years. I might just start getting more serious about those books!!! Good luck with your story writing and Jimmy would be a great star of the books.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy is something else. He is laying in bed curled up by my husband right now sound asleep.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love the pics of Buddy. He looks like such a character!

Jimmy's mama did have a stroke, Jenn, and spent a while recovering at Millie's. She was planning to keep Jamsime, but once she was well, that cat was absolutely miserable indoors, so Millie returned her to her colony, where she's been thriving since.

No recent updates on Jimmy's sister, Jessie, but she went to a wonderful home with committed owners, so no doubt she's very happy and loved.

You should write a book about Jimmy. Could be very cute!