Foods That Have A Similar Texture To Weruva Slide N' Serve?

smosmosmo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Would blending food smooth be an option? Smo used to eat Tiki Cat Velvet Mousse for a while before she got sick of it, so I have to blend out her wet food now. She's eating Natural Balance Platefulls right now and it blends out into a sort of thick paste (but not quite pate style) that looks a lot like the Slide n' Serves. I think pate with a little water added would have a very similar texture as long as you use a more natural brand (aka not something like Fancy Feast - the food has a rubbery texture that doesn't blend out well).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would blending food smooth be an option? Smo used to eat Tiki Cat Velvet Mousse for a while before she got sick of it, so I have to blend out her wet food now. She's eating Natural Balance Platefulls right now and it blends out into a sort of thick paste (but not quite pate style) that looks a lot like the Slide n' Serves. I think pate with a little water added would have a very similar texture as long as you use a more natural brand (aka not something like Fancy Feast - the food has a rubbery texture that doesn't blend out well).
I've tried that, as we've had quite a bit of experience preparing syringe feedings for sick kitties. But as you say, some brands are better suited for that sort of thing than others. So it's a matter of trial and error (but probably mostly error!) to figure out which ones those are. :wink:

Thanks much! :)