Food Transition Procedure?

everariana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I have two 6 month old kittens who seem to be prone to soft stool. I'm still trying to figure out what's causing it, but that's another discussion.
Anyways, I know that when introducing new foods into their diet, you're supposed to transition it in gradually over 7-10 days with the current food they're eating. They've been eating their current wet food for several weeks now, but I want to start giving them the brand they were eating previously again. Since they've eaten this specific brand of wet food before, is it necessarily to do the gradual 7-10 transition again because they haven't eaten it in several weeks? Or can I just switch an entire meal since they've had it before? I guess I'm partially concerned because of their soft stool issues, but I don't know if I'm just being paranoid. Thanks in advance!

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I would still do it slowly since you've said that they tend to have sensitive tummies. But, if they do fine with this transition then you can probably just alternate between these brands of food that they're doing well on without worry from that point forward.